DuVernay told Entertainment Weekly about what drew her to the project and to L'Engle's young adult's sci-fi novel (adapted by Frozen writer Jennifer Lee) - a perhaps unexpected turn given DuVernay's historically oriented work with Selma and her documentary on mass incarceration and the ugly history that predates it in 13th, or her character driven drama series Queen Sugar.
Ava DuVernay, who directed the Oscar-nominated films Selma and 13th, is directing the new film from a script by Frozen screenwriter Jennifer Lee.
The first look at Ava DuVernay's A Wrinkle in Time is officially here - and the images are breathtaking! "And at the center is Storm Reid who will make you root for her as a brown girl named Meg who triumphs against the darkness".More news: Ni no Kuni 2's Release Pushed Back to 2018
DuVernay culled 14-year-old Reid from a large number of hopefuls the nation over to play high schooler hero Meg, who ventures to every part of the universe with her more youthful sibling, Charles Wallace (Deric McCabe), and opens her internal warrior en route.
Winfrey, Witherspoon and Kaling, respectively, play celestial beings named Mrs.More news: College students headed to Maui after years-long joke goes viral
Find the full reel and article in its entirety at Entertainment Weekly.
And finally, here's a photo of Chris Pine, who's playing Meg's missing father. Which arrive in the neighborhood, Meg soon learns that her father's disappearance had to do with his research into tesseracts, a way of folding the fabric of space and time in order to instantly move great distances. "My whole process with this film was, what if?" Her character is one that, in her costumes and in working with Mindy, we wanted to bring in a remix of styles and cultures and customs from around the world. "What's more, in the ladies themselves, would we be able to simply mirror a more full broadness of gentility?" Which, a powerful sage with a knack for materialization.
It's Oprah like you've never seen her before. When we see her in Henrietta Lacks, she's not Oprah to me.More news: Delta Air Lines, Inc. (DAL) Q2 Profit, Revenue Miss The Mark
- China sent troop in Djibouti to set up first millitary base oversees
- Nintendo Ceases Production of the New 3DS in Japan
- Regions Financial Corp (NYSE:RF), Marathon Petroleum Corp (NYSE:MPC)
- Visa for Kulbhushan Jadhav's mother under consideration: FO
- Grassley to send Trump Jr. letter asking him to testify
- Appeals Court Overturns Sheldon Silver's Conviction on Corruption Charges
- Packers WR Jordy Nelson wins ESPYS award for Best Comeback Athlete
- Uber gives up the fight in Russian Federation
- Ajax's Abdelhak Nouri Suffers Permanent Brain Damage After Collapsing on Pitch
- Trump in France: Will Macron make ties great again?