According to a source, Amazon has plans to release a new Echo later this year that improves on the original in almost every way. The current Echo has just one large tweeter and a woofer; whereas, the HomePod has seven tweeters. It will pack in several tweeters to better rival the upcoming Apple HomePod which touts sound quality as its main feature. It's also going to have improved microphone technology, so Alexa will be better equipped to hear your wishes and desires. All of the older Echo models got a price cut, but the original's was by far the deepest, at 50-percent, which serves the dual objective of getting Alexa into a lot more homes and, perhaps, clearing out some of those warehouse shelves to make room for something new.
It makes sense that Amazon is making such an aggressive push into the voice shopping space.More news: Gran Turismo Sport Launches October 17 on PS4
As influential as the original Echo has been, it's not aging gracefully against smaller, sleeker and cheaper competition like Google Home. A lot of the Echo fans I speak to have gone out and bought a bunch of the products, in attempt to blanket their home with Alexa.
Following on from Apple's unveiling of the HomePod at WWDC in June - its own take on the smart speaker genre, but is heavily focusing on "reinventing home music" - reports in the U.S. suggest rivals including Amazon are already looking to improve ahead of the HomePod going on-sale at the end of the year.More news: 'Dota 2' has set a new esports prize pool record
Engadget says it doesn't know how the new Echo will be priced but it isn't a reach to say it will be cheaper than Apple's offering.
The tech giant's latest tactic was this year's record-breaking Prime Day, where it encouraged consumers to make a purchase using their Echo speaker. Our source also notes that some design elements might change by the time the new Echo is actually announced.More news: Nelson Cruz had Yadier Molina take a picture of him with Joe West before batting in the All-Star Game
- Group Robs, Sexually Assaults Woman Leaving Church in Queens
- Hyundai i30 N Revealed with 275 HP, E-LSD and Drive Modes
- The Republicans are sabotaging the ACA
- Watch John Oliver, Colbert Talk 'Turbo-F--ked' Trump-Russia Scandal
- Shahrukh dons 'pagdi' for 'Jab Harry Met Sejal's new song 'Butterfly'
- Emmanuel Macron Will Hold A Climate Summit In December
- Asylum seekers turned away at US-Mexico border sue US government
- Jaguar's new E-Pace SUV is coming July 13, 2017
- Rs 50000 Penalty on People Dumping Waste in River Ganga, Directs NGT
- Personnel are 'generally fine' after accident - Kotoko management