Ahead of its launch, more and more details about its features are being outed online.
The source has reportedly claimed that this VCSEL (vertical-cavity surface-emitting laser) system, to use a more technical name, is "probably intended for" this fall's expected highest-end iPhone. "The whole thing costs about $2 per phone", report MacRumors. Now according to a report from Fast Company, it seems that Apple's upcoming iPhone 8 could actually contain hardware related to augmented reality. Lumentum is purportedly providing most of the VCSEL lasers with Finisar and II-VI as secondary suppliers. ARKit will be released for developers and creators along with the public release of the iOS 11 later this year. A laser and 3D-sensing system could also improve Apple's Portrait Mode implementation.More news: Donald Trump Is Right: Hillary Was Held To A Different Standard
Put in this context, the idea that Apple is working on a rear-facing 3D sensor for the iPhone is no huge revelation.
This new information about the iPhone 8 comes after Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts Wamsi Mohan and Stefano Pascale reported that Apple's next flagship phone could be delayed by nearly a month.More news: Cubs acquire ace Jose Quintana from the White Sox
As noted by CNBC, Bank of America analysts Wamsi Mohan and Stefano Pascale released a report claiming that the iPhone 8 will ship 3 to 4 weeks later than anticipated. However, it doesn't specify whether the fingerprint scanner would be embedded into the display or it would be placed on the rear panel of the device. Incidentally, it's widely believed that Apple will use a similar type of technology on the iPhone 8's front-facing cameras for facial recognition purposes.
We reported the existence of 3D sensors in the new iPhone back in February, but it was unclear at the time where they would go on the phone and what they would do.More news: Founding member of 2 Live Crew dead at 53
- Grassley to send Trump Jr. letter asking him to testify
- Now, Facebook brings livestreaming to virtual reality on Oculus Rift
- Mario Kart VR teaser video looks brilliantly intense
- Motorola all but confirms Moto Z2 Force in a new teaser
- Trump in France: Will Macron make ties great again?
- New Photos From Disney's 'A Wrinkle In Time' Land Online
- Man rescued after locking himself inside an ATM in Texas
- Jimmy Carter admitted to Canadian hospital after suffering from dehydration
- Osinbajo Is Lying, Buhari Will Never Return As President - Fani-Kayode
- EU Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier sets out tough stance for United Kingdom talks