The budget made a provisoon fo Rs 394 crore for madrassas and Rs 791 crore for scholarship scheme fpor minority students. The government had also promised to link Bundelkhand with Delhi but has made no provision for it; it expects the Centre to chip in to make it happen. He said that the Yogi government has allotted just Rs 2475.61 crores for the minorities and this has disheartened the Muslims who were hoping the "Sabka Sath Sabka Vikas" was not just a slogan.
Besides, Rs 251.67 crore allocated for roads construction in 7 districts of the state adjacent to Nepal border, while setting aside Rs 253 crore for road construction under the proposed World Bank aided Uttar Pradesh Core Network Project and Rs 202 crore for road construction with the aid of Asian Development Bank. The Excise Department, which is a major money spinner for the state, has been set a revenue target of Rs 20,593,23 crore.
Meanwhile, the budget estimates total receipts of over Rs 3,77,191 crore for 2017-18, including Rs 3,19,397 crore revenue receipts and Rs 57,793 crore capital receipts.More news: Everton eye Benteke to replace Lukaku
The government also granted Rs 400 crore for construction and strengthening of air strips at selected places and land acquisition for this objective.
Backward Communities: Rs 250 crore has been allotted for performing marriages of poor girls belonging to SC and ST and other backward communities and minorities. Besides, there is no mention of the Purvanchal Expressway though the BJP government has endorsed the project through a Cabinet decision. Out of it, taxes realised by the state would be Rs 1,11,502 crore and the state's share in central taxes Rs 1,21,407 crore.
A provision of Rs 40 crore has been made to set up impounding houses/cattle shelter homes under the "Kanha Gaushala Evam Besahara Pashu Ashraya Yojna".More news: White House slams Senate Democrats for obstruction on Trump nominees
Tourism: Rs 25 crore set aside for helicopter services at tourist places and Rs 10 crore for developing tourism in the Vindhyanchal region.
Environment: Groundwater conservation mission launched by Finance Minsiter in his Budget speech.More news: Production begins on Clint Eastwood's "The 15:17 To Paris"
- Chinese Hospital: Health of Ailing Dissident Failing
- Realty Income Corporation (NYSE:O) Declares Aug 17 Dividend of $0.21
- West Nile virus detected in mosquitoes in Boston
- Sterling dips after BOE's Broadbent says not ready to hike interest rates
- Scotland's unemployment rate falls to post-recession low
- How North Korea got its missile engines
- LG V30 tipped to launch at IFA 2017 in Berlin
- International Olympic Committee to Announce 2024 and 2028 Summer Olympics Cities in September
- Coffee Lovers Rejoice! Your Daily Coffee Could Help You Live Longer
- Jio reduces validity on ₹309 plan; unveils new plans