And admittedly, I definitely want to purchase a "Fried Chicken U.S.A." sweatshirt, so maybe the fast food chain is onto something.
KFC made the announcement about the partnership with Huawei in a post on its Weibo account on Friday. In 2016, KFC China staffed one of their Shanghai locations with voice-activated robots. That particular model is equipped with a 5-inch LCD display panel with a resolution of 1,280 by 720 pixels and is powered by the Snapdragon 425, Qualcomm's mid-range system-on-chip (SoC) with the Adreno 308 GPU. Huawei was founded in 1987, the same year KFC opened its first outlet in China.More news: US Government Removes Kaspersky Lab From GSA Schedule Lists
For those of you who just can't get enough of the Colonel, KFC and Huawei have partnered up to release what we assume is the first-ever fried chicken inspired phone: the Huawei 7 Plus - KFC edition.
The image in the marketing also suggests there will be some KFC themed software with the white bearded mascot providing a background and the KFC app coming pre-installed. It also features a 3,020mAh battery and a fingerprint scanner.More news: 'America's Got Talent' Season 12: [SPOILER] Receives Final Golden Buzzer
The phone will set fans back $161 and will be available on Tmall (an Amazon-like site) on Thursday.
Fried chicken and merchandise-it might not make a lot of sense to you, but Kentucky Fried Chicken is doubling down on its new, limited edition apparel and goods.More news: PCB approves contracts of 35 players
The "suck" actually refers to KFC's slogan of "finger-licking good", and the "10 thousand K" is 100,000 K dollars, the restaurant's digital currency, reported The Verge. Today, Yum China, which counts KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell in its stable of brands, has more than 7,600 restaurants in the country.
- Ariana Grande made 'honorary citizen' of Manchester
- Gianfranco Zola Suggests Chelsea Should Target Andrea Belotti over Alvaro Morata
- BJP Office In Kannur Vandalized Hours After Attack On CPI-M Rally
- Authorities identify Gardendale homicide suspect
- Virginia signs on to FirstNet
- NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG) Lifted to Strong-Buy at ValuEngine
- People on Twitter think Nicki Minaj is pregnant, and it's very suspicious
- Blac Chyna Hits ABC Nightline To Tell Her Side Of The Story
- Xiaomi working on a third sub-brand after the Mi and Redmi
- War for the Planet of the Apes movie releasing on July 14th