The two leaders were expected to meet while in Germany, but representatives confirmed Tuesday that instead of a brief side meeting, the two will have a full bilateral talk, Russia's state-run news agency Tass reported.
Meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in Washington in mid-May, Trump expressed his desire to build a better relationship between the two countries.More news: Gatwick Airport launches 60th long-haul route with new service to Taipei
In turn, the US and South Korea should "accordingly refrain from large-scale joint maneuvers", the joint statement added.
Before arriving in Moscow Monday, Xi warned President Donald Trump that "some negative factors" are hurting U.S.
The meeting comes at a time when there is growing consensus in Washington that the severity of Russian influence on the 2016 election should be dealt with more seriously by the current administration.More news: Pep Guardiola praises Lionel Messi as 'the best I've ever seen'
Leaders of the world's 20 largest economies will gather in Hamburg this week at the summit, with Trump's meeting with Putin undoubtedly one of the key focuses following events over the last few months.
While stressing that no one wants war, Maradona said, "when you see such cartoon characters like Trump, you begin thinking that if such a man takes it into his head we may all become enemies", the RT report adds.
The extraordinary circumstances and political implications of their talks in Hamburg will ensure that their meeting later this week, and any encounter before the cameras in less-formal moments of the G20, is highly scrutinized.More news: Nottingham Forest Confirm Barrie McKay Capture
- Total War Spin-off Series Announced by Creative Assembly
- StudioMDHR Reaffirms That Cuphead Will Not Come to PS4
- Trump speaks with German, Italian leaders ahead of summit this week
- Jordan Henderson "very positive" about fitness following return for Liverpool pre-season
- Did Dak Prescott or a machine autograph these trading cards?
- Saudi Arabia, Allies Give Qatar Two More Days To Accept Demands
- Fed Worried About Risks Posed by Its Loose Policy, Minutes Show
- Three killed, four hurt in shooting, chase in downtown Savannah
- Red Cross facing blood shortage after lack of donations
- Heat Finalizing Deal With Dion Waiters