"We've got more games in production than we've ever had before", added Lusted.
Total War Saga's game director Jack Lusted explains the idea in a new blog to accompany the announcement. It'll be called Total War Saga, and each entry will focus on a specific historical altercation, rather than the era-spanning action of its sexy-daddy series. These will go under the Total War Saga name.More news: Amelia Earhart may have survived crash-landing, newly discovered photo suggests
"If you've enjoyed previous games, you'll certainly be interested in Total War Saga games", Lusted said. Prior to the release of Total War: Warhammer, however, the studio's main strategy titles were based on multiple eras in ancient history such as the Roman Empire and Feudal Japan.
Creative Assembly further compared the new lineup to previous installments such as Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai, which was a standalone expansion to the base game that focused specifically on the Boshin War. "And historical games form the majority of our forthcoming releases". Creative Assembly announced last month that its "historical team" and "historical flashpoint team" were already working on projects, but today we found out that those new teams are part of the new Saga series.
The concept of Sagas is to give players a more focused look at how history could have been different if events had played out differently.More news: Apple backed by USA government in European Union tax appeal
When you think of the possibilities in and around those moments, some of those really classic and inspiring moments of history, there's vast potential.
"It's great being able to build on and optimize the tech and the content from those games, like the work we did on Attila with Age of Charlemagne. As with Total War traditionally, there's an nearly endless list of possibilities of time periods and settings for future Total War Saga games". Hopefully, more details and information will arrive in the coming months.More news: Saudi Arabia, Allies Give Qatar Two More Days To Accept Demands
- Heather Watson stuns 18th seed Anastasia Sevastova at Wimbledon
- Orthodox Jewish MMA fighter gunned down in Florida
- Nottingham Forest Confirm Barrie McKay Capture
- StudioMDHR Reaffirms That Cuphead Will Not Come to PS4
- "Fantastic Beasts" sequel starts shooting, plot details emerge
- Cowboys LB Damien Wilson arrested on aggravated assault with deadly weapon charge
- European Union and Japan to sign trade framework deal
- Real Madrid sign Theo Hernandez from Atletico
- Soldier dead after attack in Afghanistan - Pentagon
- Wimbledon 2017: Dominika Cibulkova, Victoria Azarenka Cruise to Third Round