"We've got more games in production than we've ever had before", added Lusted.
Total War Saga's game director Jack Lusted explains the idea in a new blog to accompany the announcement. It'll be called Total War Saga, and each entry will focus on a specific historical altercation, rather than the era-spanning action of its sexy-daddy series. These will go under the Total War Saga name.More news: Massive outrage in India after Hindu-Muslim married couple denied hotel room
"If you've enjoyed previous games, you'll certainly be interested in Total War Saga games", Lusted said. Prior to the release of Total War: Warhammer, however, the studio's main strategy titles were based on multiple eras in ancient history such as the Roman Empire and Feudal Japan.
Creative Assembly further compared the new lineup to previous installments such as Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai, which was a standalone expansion to the base game that focused specifically on the Boshin War. "And historical games form the majority of our forthcoming releases". Creative Assembly announced last month that its "historical team" and "historical flashpoint team" were already working on projects, but today we found out that those new teams are part of the new Saga series.
The concept of Sagas is to give players a more focused look at how history could have been different if events had played out differently.More news: Gatwick Airport launches 60th long-haul route with new service to Taipei
When you think of the possibilities in and around those moments, some of those really classic and inspiring moments of history, there's vast potential.
"It's great being able to build on and optimize the tech and the content from those games, like the work we did on Attila with Age of Charlemagne. As with Total War traditionally, there's an nearly endless list of possibilities of time periods and settings for future Total War Saga games". Hopefully, more details and information will arrive in the coming months.More news: Cowboys LB Damien Wilson arrested on aggravated assault with deadly weapon charge
- Annabel Croft: Konta's tactical response to powerful Vekic serve proves decisive
- Heather Watson stuns 18th seed Anastasia Sevastova at Wimbledon
- Iggy Azalea Will Collaborate with Former Rival Azealia Banks
- Real Madrid sign Theo Hernandez from Atletico
- Jordan Henderson "very positive" about fitness following return for Liverpool pre-season
- Fed Worried About Risks Posed by Its Loose Policy, Minutes Show
- Red Cross facing blood shortage after lack of donations
- Aru wins fifth stage of Tour (3)
- Soldier dead after attack in Afghanistan - Pentagon
- European Union and Japan to sign trade framework deal