On June 5, the four countries announced their decision to sever their ties with Qatar, explaining that the country supports terrorist groups and has been meddling in other countries' internal affairs.
The United States has supported Kuwait's attempt to mediate the Gulf Arabs' dispute.
Among the six Gulf Cooperation Council states, Kuwait and Oman did not join the anti-Qatar blockade and the Kuwaiti leadership has been communicating with all parties of the crisis to reach a solution.More news: Samsung is preparing a smart column
After more than two weeks, the four countries gave Doha 10 days, or until Sunday night, to comply with a 13-point demand list in exchange for the end of the anti-Qatar measures.More news: BBC set to reinvent itself for new generation
"He reiterated the importance of stopping terrorist financing and discrediting extremist ideology", according to the White House.
May "raised the issue of the ongoing isolation of Qatar", stressing the need for all sides take "urgent steps to de-escalate the situation and restore GCC unity", her office said in a statement. "Qatar is prepared to face whatever consequences", Al-Thani said.
Doha called these demands "unrealistic, unbalanced, illogical and unfeasible" and expressed its willingness to negotiate if appropriate conditions are met.
One punishment reportedly being mulled is suspending Qatar from the six-nation Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), a bloc allied with the United States, according to Saudi-owned Al-Arabiya news channel.More news: 'Bigg Boss' contestant Mandana Karimi files domestic violence case against husband!
The content of the letter and the four boycotting countries' next moves will be discussed Wednesday when their respective leaders are expected to meet in Cairo.
- Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to take children on European tour
- Auto splash: Motorist drives into Colorado Springs swimming pool
- Florian Lejeune has now passed Newcastle United medical, announcement imminent — Marca
- Venus Williams : Devastated star sobs over fatal vehicle crash
- Emily Ratajkowski Says Emma Watson Helped Shaped Her Idea of Feminism
- GST rollout: 22 states including Delhi, Maharashtra abolish check posts
- Pakistan fast bowler Kainat Imtiaz's picture with Jhulan Goswami warms hearts
- Worldpay soars amid takeover interest from Vantiv, JPMorgan
- Porsche 911 GT2 RS Appears At Goodwood
- Darren Collison has signed a two-year deal with the Pacers