But, it's not stopping other heads of state from giving it a try, namely Taoiseach Leo Varadkar during his meeting with Trudeau on Tuesday.
TAOISEACH Leo Varadkar licked up to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau by wearing a pair of maple leaf socks - but his guest upstaged him in the style stakes.
The Canadian prime minister will attend a business lunch and visit starvation memorial statues in the city centre before a state dinner hosted by the Taoiseach. "It will deliver stronger economic growth, the kind of growth that benefits all citizens, not just the wealthiest".More news: Samsung is preparing a smart column
The Minister also used the event to voice her support for the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) between Canada and the European Union, saying that it offered a new basis for Ireland and Canada to gain preferential access to each other's markets.
"Most important, it will create more good, well-paying jobs for workers on both sides of the Atlantic", Trudeau said.
The Taoiseach said he believes diversity leads to better decision making and that diversity is about more than gender.More news: Venus Williams : Devastated star sobs over fatal vehicle crash
"Certainly if feminism is defined as supporting equal opportunity between men and women, which I do, then I consider myself a feminist but I totally accept that other people may have a different definition of that and therefore not agree".
Varadkar joked that he received good advice from Trudeau during their meeting since he's been in office about 18 days while Trudeau has held office for about 18 months.
Mr Trudeau will leave Ireland tomorrow, and will visit Edinburgh before attending the G20 Summit in Hamburg on Friday and Saturday. That gathering on Friday is shaping up as a showdown between German Chancellor Angela Merkel and U.S. President Donald Trump over the issues of isolationism and protectionism.More news: Florian Lejeune has now passed Newcastle United medical, announcement imminent — Marca
- Six Trinamool Legislators in Tripura Likely to Vote for Ram Nath Kovind
- The Xbox One X with PS buttons Anthem video is down
- Britney Spears heats up a sizzling Tel Aviv in first Israel performance
- Worldpay soars amid takeover interest from Vantiv, JPMorgan
- BBC set to reinvent itself for new generation
- Spider-Man: Homecoming - eve of release poster revealed
- GST rollout: 22 states including Delhi, Maharashtra abolish check posts
- 'Bigg Boss' contestant Mandana Karimi files domestic violence case against husband!
- Etihad allows passengers to use laptops on U.S. flights
- Pakistan fast bowler Kainat Imtiaz's picture with Jhulan Goswami warms hearts