The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office report says that a 38-year-old man accidentally sat on the gun in the driver's seat of his vehicle outside of his girlfriend's home on Friday.
One Florida man wishes he had shot blanks last Friday morning.
Man sat on a gun and shot his pennis
WKMG reports that Cedrick Jelts, 38, sat on a gun that was resting on the driver's seat in his Nissan Altima when it accidentally fired.
The 25-year-old Shanekia Roberts, who told the police that he got into her house and headed straight to the bathroom.More news: Quentin Tarantino Is Engaged to Girlfriend Daniela Pick
According to the Everytown For Gun Safety, 93 Americans die every day from guns.
She immediately took him to hospital where he was rushed into surgery.More news: Alexander Radulov bolts Montreal for 5-year deal with Stars
Jelks potentially faces charges for possessing a firearm, as he was previously convicted of cocaine possession and not legally allowed to own a gun, according to reports.
Jelks' story may soon go from bad to worse as felony possession of a firearm is punishable by up to 15 years in prison or a $10,000 fine.More news: Commonly prescribed gastric acid drug may increase death risk, study shows
- Dave McClure Resigns From 500 Startups
- Warm, Spotty T'Storms For The Fourth
- Backed forces in Syria breach wall of Old City of Raqqa
- 4th of July Safety Tips
- North Korea claims it tested first intercontinental missile
- Boston's top pick Tatum outplays No. 1 pick Fultz
- Sevilla confirm deal agreed for Vicente Iborra to join Leicester City
- To Cut A Long Story Short… Tony Hadley quits Spandau Ballet
- Defiant Qatar hikes gas output by 30 percent
- Air Horror as AirAsia Flight Diverts to Brisbane After Bird Strike