The Paris-born centre-back was snapped up by Manchester City in 2015, but was sent straight on loan to Spanish side Girona, from where he joined Eibar just a year later.More news: Man sat on a gun and shot his pennis
Newcastle made hard work of it considering the player's cut-price release clause, yet that does not matter now as the defender is secured and manager Rafa Benitez can turn his attention to other key areas of the squad.
His capture would come as a significant boost to Benitez, who has so far managed only to sign previously on-loan Chelsea winger Christian Atsu on a permanent basis following promotion back to the Premier League.More news: Commonly prescribed gastric acid drug may increase death risk, study shows
Lejeune said: "I'm very happy to have signed. Since I've been in touch with the manager, it was an easy decision for me to come here".
Fans have been alarmed to read headlines in the last week or so suggesting that the Spaniard could walk away from the club in frustration at the relative lack of success in the summer market to date.
Scroll through the gallery above to see the best pictures as Florian Lejeune pulls on a Newcastle shirt for the first time after joining on a five-year deal.More news: Samsung plans $18.6 billion South Korea investment amid chip boom
- Activision might launch more Crash Bandicoot games
- Chomping champs face off at July 4 hot dog eating contest
- Captain, Leader, Legend: 'Playing against Chelsea just doesn't sit right with me'
- The Xbox One X with PS buttons Anthem video is down
- Asus ZenFone 4 Max With 5000mAh Battery Launched: Price, Specifications
- 4th of July Safety Tips
- Rodrigo Duterte threatens to jail martial law critics
- Alexander Radulov bolts Montreal for 5-year deal with Stars
- Moto M2 Price In India Specifications Features Review Comparison
- North Korea claims it tested first intercontinental missile