These displays are fun and handsome, but could be unsafe if they're not properly executed.
In an interview with "Today", a 17-year-old from Washington state who lost four fingers on his left hand admitted that he hadn't taken the proper safety precautions when handling fireworks.More news: Durant takes pay cut with Warriors, what's next for the champs?
Right now, Moore County is not under a burn ban. "In many cases they end up injuring themselves or their family members and there has even been cases where they blow up their homes because they are using consumer fireworks to make illegal fireworks".
- The person who is lighting the fireworks should not be consuming alcohol and should wear safety glasses.
Bryant advised those seeking to enjoy Fourth of July displays to visit one of many organized events in the area and "save the fireworks for the professionals". "Fireworks should be used only on sand, concrete or another non-flammable surface, away from brush, trash or other objects that could catch fire", the state fire marshal says. If you have a dud that doesn't light, don't try to relight it.More news: ZTE to launch the Nubia N2 smartphone on July 5
"Fireworks cause nearly 18,000 fires per year", said Capt. Brandon Sooner, with the Lake Charles Fire Department. Wait 20 minutes and then soak them in water. "Many risky and illegal fireworks, rockets and explosive devices are readily available for purchase", the state fire marshal says.
All local firework booths passed a fire inspection, meaning they only sell state fire marshal-approved fireworks that don't shoot into the air or explode, according to Laidlaw.
For those not in the city limits who are lighting the sky with a show of their own, he said it is important to keep in mind to set fireworks down, light them, and get away as quickly as possible. That makes it illegal to keep or use large or explosive projectiles such as mortars, which are reserved for licensed pyrotechnicians with permits issued in the municipality where a public display is planned.More news: Ed Sheeran 'quits' Twitter over online abuse
Have a water, wet towels, and a fire extinguisher nearby.
- Boston's top pick Tatum outplays No. 1 pick Fultz
- Sainsbury's reports strong first quarter growth
- Still possess old demonetised notes? SC might come to your rescue!
- North Korea claims it tested first intercontinental missile
- Warm, Spotty T'Storms For The Fourth
- Special team widens probe to 'madam' in actor rape case
- Dave McClure Resigns From 500 Startups
- SRK and Anushka are giving major retro feels in 'Beech Beech Mein'
- To Cut A Long Story Short… Tony Hadley quits Spandau Ballet
- Captain, Leader, Legend: 'Playing against Chelsea just doesn't sit right with me'