"Please give us a day where we can talk about the health care policy of this nation and how the Republicans are trying to figure out how to deal with it, and not have to have a conversation about a ridiculous tweet from the president of the United States".
Fallout continues after President Donald Trump sent a series of tweets ridiculing the looks and temperament of a female cable television host whose show he says he's stopped watching. These concerns laid the foundation for CBS White House correspondent Major Garrett's question for Sanders. "Do you have any reaction to that sentiment?"
She dismissed questions Trump was slamming Brzezinski because she was a woman, in light of his previous comments about comedian Rosie O'Donnell, TV host Megyn Kelly, and other women.More news: Woman injured in Pakistan shelling on LoC
Sanders responded by saying Trump "in no way, form or fashion has ever encouraged violence, quite the contrary". So I would ask this to you sort of on a personal level.
And finally: Most importantly, as the mother of a son, I ask any woman who's defending these comments how they plan to raise good men if the most powerful man in the world gets away with this.
One instance resulted in a lawsuit against Trump: On March 1, 2016, the then-candidate urged the crowd at a rally in Louisville, Kentucky to "get 'em out of here", referring to protesters, who were subsequently shoved and punched. Trump said. "You know what I hate?"More news: Record low gas prices over holiday weekend
"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them", he said from a stage in Cedar Rapids. They'd be carried out on a stretcher, folks. "Here's a guy, throwing punches, nasty as hell, screaming at everything else when we're talking, and he's walking out, and we're not allowed - you know, the guards are very gentle with him, he's walking out, like, big high fives, smiling, laughing - I'd like to punch him in the face, I'll tell you". I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees.
3/11/2016: "Part of the problem, and part of the reason it takes so long [to take protesters out of rallies], is nobody wants to hurt each other any more, right?"More news: Michigan Sues Flint for City's Decision on Drinking Water Contract
- Sarin gas confirmed as weapon in deadly Syria attack
- 'My Little Pony: The Movie' hypes all-star cast
- Rangers fans react on Twitter to Joe Dodoo's surprise Europa League omission
- 'We're Only Getting Started': Nikki Haley Celebrates Cuts to UN Peacekeeping Budget
- Z's New Song 'Kill Jay Z' - Stream It & Read Lyrics
- Krushna Abhishek and Kashmira Shah turn parents to twins via surrogacy
- China Manufacturing Gauge Strengthens on Growing Global Demand
- Sri Lanka eyes redemption against Zimbabwe
- Grocery Expenses won't Rise after the GST Rollout
- StarCraft Remastered Comes Out August 14