Friday, 17 November 2017
Latest news
Main » Bill Cosby May Be Going Back to Court

Bill Cosby May Be Going Back to Court

29 June 2017

In a statement to CBS Los Angeles, Cosby spokesman Andrew Wyatt said the comedian's legal team would not let him speak about sexual assault. Leaving it ambiguous, he tweeted, "Any further information about public plans will be given at the appropriate time". On Sunday, the publicists said, no, he had never meant to talk about sexual assault.

Still, she said she doesn't imagine there will be a town hall in July in Birmingham, Alabama, as his spokespeople said last week.

"We're now planning town halls and we're going to be coming to this city sometime in July... to talk to young people because this is bigger than Bill Cosby", Wyatt said. "It's a good thing to be educated about the laws".

A juror in the Bill Cosby sexual assault trial described how several people broke down in tears in the deliberation room as the jury struggled in vain to reach a consensus.

More news: Grenfell Tower fire: Unsafe cladding found on 11 tower blocks in England

"I think he would like to be able to publicly perform". The court, however, put the second deposition on hold during the adjudication of a criminal case against Cosby in which he was accused by authorities in Pennsylvania of drugging and molesting a Philadelphia woman.

The Associated Press does not typically identify people who say they are victims of sexual assault unless they grant permission, which Constand has done. "He would never do anything that undermined the import of this issue". Agrusa said Tuesday he still feels that way. Certainly, she said, not until after his retrial in Pennsylvania where his first trial ended with a hung jury.

Depending on what happens in the Keystone State, Kaplan wants an update in the fall before deciding whether to lift the stay and set a date for a second Cosby depo in the Huth case. Prosecutors have vowed to retry the case.

Huth, who lives in southern California, filed her lawsuit in December 2014.

More news: Medical report of Indrani Mukerjea, lodged in Byculla Jail, confirms injures

In that case, Judy Huth claims that in 1974, when she was just 15, Cosby forced her into performing a sex act at the infamous Playboy Mansion.

"Ms. Huth is committed to this civil case, no matter the result of the criminal case against Mr. Cosby", Allred said Tuesday.

The apparent change of plans comes after one of Cosby's accusers, Linda Kirkpatrick, appeared on CNN on Saturday and compared Cosby's town hall to serial killer and sex offender Jeffrey Dahmer, known as the Milwaukee Cannibal, hosting a cooking show.

Front page of the New York Daily News for June 18, 2017.

.

More news: Matt Holliday (viral infection) placed on 10-day disabled list

Bill Cosby May Be Going Back to Court