India-US relations touched new heights following Prime Minister Narendra Modi's meeting with President Donald Trump with a lot of "key takeaways", Chinese official media commented on Wednesday. "I guess it's worked very well in both cases", Trump said.
The two leaders also launched a unique startup Portal - the India-Portugal International StartUp Hub ( IPISH) - aimed at providing information on start-up hotspots in the two countries and associated policies.
"Whether you're in Silicon Valley or Bangalore, these are staffed with incredible people and talented workforces, and this collaboration will also help further assist the prime minister in achieving and realizing his visions for programs such as Digital India and the Smart Cities Initiative, efforts the US government should continue to robustly support with its expertise and resources", Holding said.More news: Wisconsin wants 'Making a Murderer' inmate to stay in jail
Modi stressed the importance of "doing away" with "terrorist sanctuaries and safe havens", apparently talking about Pakistan, India's historical arch rival.
"This significant visit, the first of an Indian prime minister to Israel, takes place on the backdrop of marking 25 years of diplomatic relations between India and Israel, and will further upgrade the ever growing partnership between the two countries", the embassy said.
"Today world is inter dependent and inter connected therefore its absolutely natural that in our discussions that we will not only discuss bilateral issue but also worldwide issues of importance.", PM Modi said.
Both the leaders discussed a range of issues including terrorism, defence and trade. Trump said he is keen to work with Modi on creating a "fair and reciprocal" trade relationship between the two nations and called for the removal of "barriers" for the export of U.S. goods into Indian markets. "Technology, innovation and knowledge economy are also areas we are actively looking at", he said. "None of us can really miss that message", he said.More news: Contractor 'scared to death' during Madison Culver's robbery
"Thank you for ordering equipment from the US".
The US State Department described Modi's first face-to face meeting with Trump as "successful".
"Energy is going to play a very, very important role in that", he added.More news: India not much affected by global malware attack yet: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Theresa May attacked over moves to limit European Union citizens' rights after Brexit
- Redstone Arsenal Lockdown Lifted After 'Possible Active Shooter' Alert
- Census Data Reveals How Multicultural Australia Really Is
- China frees 3 activists who probed Ivanka Trump supplier
- Trump hails 'energy revolution' as exports surge
- Utah wildfire: Country's largest active fire grows in size
- Sarasota County Schools earn an A from the state
- Trump comes close to finding his red line in Syria
- Nintendo to launch mini version of SNES
- Economy Watch: Fed Sure of Economy, Raises Rates, Promises Asset Sell-Off