Friday, there will be a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1 p.m., the weather service said.
Skies are otherwise expected to be mostly sunny. Anyone of the thunderstorms have the potential to contain gusty winds and small hail.
Meteorologists say today should be mostly sunny and comfortable, with winds gusting 15 to 20 miles per hour this morning becoming more westerly this afternoon.More news: Health care questions can be solved
Clouds will move back into the region on Thursday night, and there will be a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 8 p.m. South wind 6 to 10 miles per hour. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. Overnight lows will be in the mid 70's. A series of upper-level disturbances will bring a chance of showers in the afternoon and evening hours nearly every day this week. Mostly cloudy, with a low about 66. Chance of rain is 20 percent.
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 62. Chance of rain is 50 percent. Friday looks mostly sunny and hot with highs around 90. Highs are going to be in the lower-90s.
Friday: Partly sunny. Very warm and humid.More news: Blue Jays closer Roberto Osuna feeling 'weird,' mentally off
Saturday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.
The chance of showers and thunderstorms will persist in the Wyoming Valley as the week rolls along.
THURSDAY: Mostly sunny. Low 78. When boundaries like this are near, the chance of downpours is quite high.More news: Military post tweets it's on lockdown, possible shooter
- China's navy puts latest-generation destroyer in the water
- 2 people struck, killed on train tracks in Washington
- India, US vow to strengthen economic ties, resolve differences
- Love Island contestants 'made to take STI tests to avoid spreading infections'
- Taylor Swift resurfaces to randomly congratulate NBA MVP Russell Westbrook
- Three journalists resign from CNN after retracted article
- Gloves are off between Hamilton and Vettel
- Trump confidant to appear before House committee
- Blonde school teacher 'romped with pupil in back of her car'
- Major Subway Changes in Effect After Subway Derailment: Get Real-Time Updates Here