Friday, there will be a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1 p.m., the weather service said.
Skies are otherwise expected to be mostly sunny. Anyone of the thunderstorms have the potential to contain gusty winds and small hail.
Meteorologists say today should be mostly sunny and comfortable, with winds gusting 15 to 20 miles per hour this morning becoming more westerly this afternoon.More news: Syrian Observatory: air strike kills 42 in Islamic State-held town
Clouds will move back into the region on Thursday night, and there will be a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 8 p.m. South wind 6 to 10 miles per hour. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. Overnight lows will be in the mid 70's. A series of upper-level disturbances will bring a chance of showers in the afternoon and evening hours nearly every day this week. Mostly cloudy, with a low about 66. Chance of rain is 20 percent.
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 62. Chance of rain is 50 percent. Friday looks mostly sunny and hot with highs around 90. Highs are going to be in the lower-90s.
Friday: Partly sunny. Very warm and humid.More news: Cornyn: 'We haven't finished our conversation' on health care overhaul
Saturday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.
The chance of showers and thunderstorms will persist in the Wyoming Valley as the week rolls along.
THURSDAY: Mostly sunny. Low 78. When boundaries like this are near, the chance of downpours is quite high.More news: Three journalists resign from CNN after retracted article
- Gloves are off between Hamilton and Vettel
- Google News for desktop redesigned for a cleaner look, adds Story cards
- Blue Jays closer Roberto Osuna feeling 'weird,' mentally off
- Love Island contestants 'made to take STI tests to avoid spreading infections'
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens To Leave Fast & Furious Franchise
- Taylor Swift resurfaces to randomly congratulate NBA MVP Russell Westbrook
- Bill Cosby sex assault jury adjourns without verdict
- Military post tweets it's on lockdown, possible shooter
- Trump confidant to appear before House committee
- 2 people struck, killed on train tracks in Washington