Friday, there will be a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1 p.m., the weather service said.
Skies are otherwise expected to be mostly sunny. Anyone of the thunderstorms have the potential to contain gusty winds and small hail.
Meteorologists say today should be mostly sunny and comfortable, with winds gusting 15 to 20 miles per hour this morning becoming more westerly this afternoon.More news: Cosby jury back to work on verdict for 5th day
Clouds will move back into the region on Thursday night, and there will be a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 8 p.m. South wind 6 to 10 miles per hour. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. Overnight lows will be in the mid 70's. A series of upper-level disturbances will bring a chance of showers in the afternoon and evening hours nearly every day this week. Mostly cloudy, with a low about 66. Chance of rain is 20 percent.
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 62. Chance of rain is 50 percent. Friday looks mostly sunny and hot with highs around 90. Highs are going to be in the lower-90s.
Friday: Partly sunny. Very warm and humid.More news: Angela Merkel U-turns on same-sex marriage
Saturday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.
The chance of showers and thunderstorms will persist in the Wyoming Valley as the week rolls along.
THURSDAY: Mostly sunny. Low 78. When boundaries like this are near, the chance of downpours is quite high.More news: Cornyn: 'We haven't finished our conversation' on health care overhaul
- China's navy puts latest-generation destroyer in the water
- Blue Jays closer Roberto Osuna feeling 'weird,' mentally off
- Gloves are off between Hamilton and Vettel
- Major Subway Changes in Effect After Subway Derailment: Get Real-Time Updates Here
- Capito says she can't support GOP health care bill
- Body found in Walmart bathroom 3 days after woman was seen
- Bill Cosby sex assault jury adjourns without verdict
- Taylor Swift resurfaces to randomly congratulate NBA MVP Russell Westbrook
- Rally to urge Heller to oppose current GOP health care bill
- Military post tweets it's on lockdown, possible shooter