According to CNN, the story published on June 20 did not comply with the standards of quality, precision and exhaustive reviews imposed by the editorial department, particularly because it was based on a single anonymous source.
"Wow, CNN had to retract big story on 'Russia, ' with 3 employees forced to resign", Trump tweeted early Tuesday.
This morning President Donald Trump was on a rampage, attacking CNN for publishing "FAKE NEWS".
Donald Trump Jr.is calling for CNN President Jeff Zucker to explain the retracted story.More news: Sanchez not distracted by transfer talk, says Chile coach Pizzi
"Do you believe the media should go back and look at anonymously sourced stories on Russian Federation and Trump and maybe start a review process and retract where necessary?" the reporter asked.
CNN retracted the story on Friday night, June 23.
He also wrote, "So they caught Fake News CNN cold, but what about NBC, CBS & ABC?"
He also used the opportunity to again hit out at a number of other major USA media outlets - including NBC, ABC, The New York Times, and The Washington Post. "CNN apologizes to Mr. Scaramucci". CNN later said its internal fact-checking procedures weren't followed.
CNN's actions, Smerconish, said, proves that the network is dedicated to reporting "real news".More news: Knicks President Parting Ways with Team
Neither he nor Haris responded to requests for comment on Tuesday; Frank could not be reached. The retracted story had said the Senate investigations committee was looking into a January 16 discussion between Scaramucci and Kirill Dmitriev, whose Russian Direct Investment Fund guides investments by US entities in Russia.
Worse yet, members of the Trump administration are "high-fiving each other over Anthony's success in embarrassing CNN". "Ratings way down!" the president said. "Ratings way down", Trump tweeted.
Trump frequently praises the more conservative Fox News and criticizes the more liberal CNN, the New York Times and the Washington Post - often accusing them of disseminating what he calls "fake news".
The problem with CNN's story turning out to be problematic is that it lends credibility to the outrageousness that mainstream media is fake news. "Everyone makes mistakes. Moving on".
One social media exchange about the CNN story indicated how feelings about the network were running strong among Trump supporters.More news: United Kingdom house price growth bounces back in June - Nationwide
- Syrian Observatory: air strike kills 42 in Islamic State-held town
- DeVos weighs in on Supreme Court church decision
- Body found in Walmart bathroom 3 days after woman was seen
- Blonde school teacher 'romped with pupil in back of her car'
- Florida beats LSU 6-1 at CWS for 1st national championship
- Euro rallies, weak dollar lifts oil
- Japanese air bag maker Takata files for bankruptcy, gets China backing
- Polling Shows Nancy Pelosi 'Toxic' in Districts Democrats Hoping to Flip
- China's navy puts latest-generation destroyer in the water
- Love Island contestants 'made to take STI tests to avoid spreading infections'