Federer's success was clinched with a 6-1 6-3 masterclass against Alexander Zverev on Sunday. Zverev created his only break chance in the opening game of the second, but ultimately was unable to show why he is regarded as one of the sport's brightest prospects.
After a disappointing start to the grass court season where Federer lost in the first round of the Stuttgart Open, he has turned this around completely.
All Offers and Promotions posted in this article excludes NSW residents.More news: The Slants win Supreme Court case over disparaging trademarks
"And then having good footwork, to see the short ball, the floater, which I can come in and knock off with a volley".
Switzerland's Roger Federer celebrates after defeating Argentina's Juan Martin Del Portro during their quarter final match at the ninth and final ATP World Tour Masters 1000 indoor tennis tournament on November 1, 2013 at the Bercy Palais-Omnisport (POPB) in Paris.
The Australian Open champion did not lose a set in Halle as he won his 92nd ATP Tour title to prepare for SW19 in the ideal manner.More news: Driver Destroys Arkansas' New Ten Commandments Monument at Capitol
In the lead-up to the Wimbledon, Roger Federer has warmed up with a record ninth Halle Open title.
This is going to be a fun match between these two talented players, as Zverev is growing up before our eyes and Federer is, well, Federer. "He could have been a little nicer to me", Zverev said. The 35-year-old Swiss first reached the Halle final in 2003, beating German Nicolas Kiefer for the crown.
"Everything has been geared toward that for the past 12 months and I'm happy with how I feel at the moment", Federer said before his match with Khachanov.
Gasquet, a two-time Wimbledon semi-finalist, grabbed the first set against Zverev with a break at 5-4.More news: North Korea in threat to South's former president Park Geun-Hye
- Facebook to livestream UEFA Champions League 2017-18 in America
- LaVar Ball To Make An Appearance On Raw?
- May to unveil plans to 'protect' European Union citizens' rights after Brexit
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Portugal 'confident' of advancing to Confed Cup final
- Germany up against Mexico; Chile to face Portugal
- Arsenal's £31m bid for Thomas Lemar turned down by Monaco
- Qatar Reviewing 'Difficult to Meet' List of Demands from Neighbors, US Says
- Senate delays vote on health care bill
- What's next for Brazil's Temer following corruption charge?
- MA man found guilty in 'Baby Doe' murder trial