But Boyd said for the company it was "a good case study that in today's world there are still ways of doing" business even if "it may not be as fast and efficient as some normal procedures".More news: CNN journalists resign over retracted story
"We have contained the issue and are working on a technical recovery plan with key IT partners and global cyber security agencies", Maersk said in a stock exchange announcement.
"It's not quite so fast, but at least we can operate and customers can be serviced", he said. "Therefore, all booking, information submission (.) are affected".
The group confirmed that the attack forced the company to shut down IT systems to help contain the issue.
The series of cyberattacks began in Russian Federation and Ukraine on Tuesday, hitting government and corporate computer systems across the world as the virus spread to western Europe and across the Atlantic.
The origins of the virus affecting computers were still unknown early Wednesday.More news: CNN's Overzealous Trump Coverage Is Making Everyone's Job Harder
The ransomware was created to spread within corporate networks running Microsoft Corp.'s Windows operating system, but didn't appear to be harming consumers, security experts said.
Clerc said the company hasn't paid any ransom money to the hackers.
Other firms said they also were still recovering from the virus Wednesday. "We are assessing the situation and are implementing remediation steps as quickly as possible".
"The large-scale hacker attack has not affected the company production processes. due to the fact that the Company has switched to a reserve control system, neither oil production nor preparation processes were stopped". "Our trains are running, all our booking systems are functioning normally, and no major IT dysfunction has been recorded." he said.More news: Manslaughter charges filed in YouTube stunt gone wrong
- Aadhaar, PAN Linking Mandatory From July 1
- Dashcam Video of the Philando Castile Shooting Just Released
- Namibia suspends imports and movement of live poultry
- It seems like the Suns were behind Josh Jackson skipping Celtics workout
- Handmaids Descend on the Capitol to Protest Senate Republicans' Health Care Bill
- NATO chief: US allies to spend $12 billion more this year
- Iraqi military says it has retaken two Mosul neighborhoods from Islamic State
- Calvin Harris Ft. Katy Perry, Pharrell & Big Sean
- Watch the trailer for The Foreigner starring Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan
- Jason Statham and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley welcome a son