But Boyd said for the company it was "a good case study that in today's world there are still ways of doing" business even if "it may not be as fast and efficient as some normal procedures".More news: Calvin Harris Ft. Katy Perry, Pharrell & Big Sean
"We have contained the issue and are working on a technical recovery plan with key IT partners and global cyber security agencies", Maersk said in a stock exchange announcement.
"It's not quite so fast, but at least we can operate and customers can be serviced", he said. "Therefore, all booking, information submission (.) are affected".
The group confirmed that the attack forced the company to shut down IT systems to help contain the issue.
The series of cyberattacks began in Russian Federation and Ukraine on Tuesday, hitting government and corporate computer systems across the world as the virus spread to western Europe and across the Atlantic.
The origins of the virus affecting computers were still unknown early Wednesday.More news: USA Gymnastics needs 'culture change' to stop abuse
The ransomware was created to spread within corporate networks running Microsoft Corp.'s Windows operating system, but didn't appear to be harming consumers, security experts said.
Clerc said the company hasn't paid any ransom money to the hackers.
Other firms said they also were still recovering from the virus Wednesday. "We are assessing the situation and are implementing remediation steps as quickly as possible".
"The large-scale hacker attack has not affected the company production processes. due to the fact that the Company has switched to a reserve control system, neither oil production nor preparation processes were stopped". "Our trains are running, all our booking systems are functioning normally, and no major IT dysfunction has been recorded." he said.More news: 'Arrogant' Trump sees U.S. image plummet worldwide
- Manslaughter charges filed in YouTube stunt gone wrong
- Mattis says Syria's government taking US threat seriously
- Cosby venue could move to California in sex abuse lawsuit
- Premier League Fixtures 2017/18 - when are the biggest games?
- CNN's Overzealous Trump Coverage Is Making Everyone's Job Harder
- China frees 3 activists who probed Ivanka Trump supplier
- Jason Statham and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley welcome a son
- Dashcam Video of the Philando Castile Shooting Just Released
- Bill Cosby trial Day 9: Jury reports it is deadlocked
- NATO chief: US allies to spend $12 billion more this year