Police were able to locate a gold Desert Eagle.50 caliber pistol on the grass near the house and secured the firearm.
The pair recently shared a video on YouTube titled "Doing Scary Stunts at the Fair Part 1".
According to a criminal complaint filed in Norman County the 19-year-old Perez told authorities Ruiz had wanted to make a YouTube video of her shooting a bullet into a book he was holding against his chest for quite some time.More news: Cosby venue could move to California in sex abuse lawsuit
A 22-year-old man's girlfriend is in jail on suspicion of fatally shooting her boyfriend after a prank that they hoped would make it big on YouTube went horribly wrong.
Ruiz says her nephew's girlfriend, Monalisa Perez, is the mother of their first child. "It shouldn't have happened at all", said Claudia Ruiz, Pedro's aunt. When police arrived on scene, they closed the stretch of Highway 75.
"He told me about an idea. Why are you going to use a gun, why?'" Ruiz told Valley News Live. Life-saving measures were attempted, but Ruiz was declared dead at the scene. It was not immediately clear when or if a trial for the manslaughter charges against Perez would begin.More news: Utah wildfire grows to largest active fire in US
She quoted him as telling her: " 'Because we want more viewers.
The complaint says Ruiz had shown her a different book that he had shot earlier and the bullet didn't go all the way through. Claudia also recalled a conversation she had with Pedro, in which Pedro discussed the logistics of the prank video.
"I don't know why they thought the book was supposed to stop the bullet", she added.More news: Shooting suspect arrested after police chase on Hwy. 400
The couple was dating for roughly five years before the shooting and had made several prank videos together in the past.
- Aadhaar, PAN Linking Mandatory From July 1
- Mattis says Syria's government taking US threat seriously
- Dashcam Video of the Philando Castile Shooting Just Released
- Jason Statham and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley welcome a son
- Knicks, Phil Jackson Part Ways After Dismal 3-Year Run
- Namibia suspends imports and movement of live poultry
- NATO chief: US allies to spend $12 billion more this year
- CNN's Overzealous Trump Coverage Is Making Everyone's Job Harder
- 76ers Among 7 Teams Interested In Andre Iguodala
- India's Kidambi Srikanth clinches Australian Open title