Police were able to locate a gold Desert Eagle.50 caliber pistol on the grass near the house and secured the firearm.
The pair recently shared a video on YouTube titled "Doing Scary Stunts at the Fair Part 1".
According to a criminal complaint filed in Norman County the 19-year-old Perez told authorities Ruiz had wanted to make a YouTube video of her shooting a bullet into a book he was holding against his chest for quite some time.More news: Calvin Harris Ft. Katy Perry, Pharrell & Big Sean
A 22-year-old man's girlfriend is in jail on suspicion of fatally shooting her boyfriend after a prank that they hoped would make it big on YouTube went horribly wrong.
Ruiz says her nephew's girlfriend, Monalisa Perez, is the mother of their first child. "It shouldn't have happened at all", said Claudia Ruiz, Pedro's aunt. When police arrived on scene, they closed the stretch of Highway 75.
"He told me about an idea. Why are you going to use a gun, why?'" Ruiz told Valley News Live. Life-saving measures were attempted, but Ruiz was declared dead at the scene. It was not immediately clear when or if a trial for the manslaughter charges against Perez would begin.More news: Shooting suspect arrested after police chase on Hwy. 400
She quoted him as telling her: " 'Because we want more viewers.
The complaint says Ruiz had shown her a different book that he had shot earlier and the bullet didn't go all the way through. Claudia also recalled a conversation she had with Pedro, in which Pedro discussed the logistics of the prank video.
"I don't know why they thought the book was supposed to stop the bullet", she added.More news: It seems like the Suns were behind Josh Jackson skipping Celtics workout
The couple was dating for roughly five years before the shooting and had made several prank videos together in the past.
- 'Arrogant' Trump sees U.S. image plummet worldwide
- Namibia suspends imports and movement of live poultry
- Community meeting planned as Brian Head Fire continues to grow
- Alleged NSA Leaker Reality Winner Appears in Federal Court, Trial Date Set
- NATO chief: US allies to spend $12 billion more this year
- 76ers Among 7 Teams Interested In Andre Iguodala
- Cosby venue could move to California in sex abuse lawsuit
- Knicks, Phil Jackson Part Ways After Dismal 3-Year Run
- A Bad Moms Christmas trailer is here!
- Trump accepts Macron invite to attend Bastille Day parade