Police were able to locate a gold Desert Eagle.50 caliber pistol on the grass near the house and secured the firearm.
The pair recently shared a video on YouTube titled "Doing Scary Stunts at the Fair Part 1".
According to a criminal complaint filed in Norman County the 19-year-old Perez told authorities Ruiz had wanted to make a YouTube video of her shooting a bullet into a book he was holding against his chest for quite some time.More news: India's Kidambi Srikanth clinches Australian Open title
A 22-year-old man's girlfriend is in jail on suspicion of fatally shooting her boyfriend after a prank that they hoped would make it big on YouTube went horribly wrong.
Ruiz says her nephew's girlfriend, Monalisa Perez, is the mother of their first child. "It shouldn't have happened at all", said Claudia Ruiz, Pedro's aunt. When police arrived on scene, they closed the stretch of Highway 75.
"He told me about an idea. Why are you going to use a gun, why?'" Ruiz told Valley News Live. Life-saving measures were attempted, but Ruiz was declared dead at the scene. It was not immediately clear when or if a trial for the manslaughter charges against Perez would begin.More news: 'Arrogant' Trump sees U.S. image plummet worldwide
She quoted him as telling her: " 'Because we want more viewers.
The complaint says Ruiz had shown her a different book that he had shot earlier and the bullet didn't go all the way through. Claudia also recalled a conversation she had with Pedro, in which Pedro discussed the logistics of the prank video.
"I don't know why they thought the book was supposed to stop the bullet", she added.More news: Namibia suspends imports and movement of live poultry
The couple was dating for roughly five years before the shooting and had made several prank videos together in the past.
- Shooting suspect arrested after police chase on Hwy. 400
- Calvin Harris Ft. Katy Perry, Pharrell & Big Sean
- Community meeting planned as Brian Head Fire continues to grow
- Trump accepts Macron invite to attend Bastille Day parade
- Knicks, Phil Jackson Part Ways After Dismal 3-Year Run
- NATO chief: US allies to spend $12 billion more this year
- Alleged NSA Leaker Reality Winner Appears in Federal Court, Trial Date Set
- Cosby venue could move to California in sex abuse lawsuit
- CNN journalists resign over retracted story
- Utah wildfire grows to largest active fire in US