Boston loves being first in things, so here's another.
If drivers here appear to be more reckless than average, then you might be shocked to learn you're driving among the safest drivers in the country, at least that's the case according to Allstate's America's Best Drivers Report.
The average driver in Kansas City has an accident every 14.9 years, while the average driver across the country has one every 10 years. And apparently they're getting increasingly worse.More news: Marco Verratti tells Barcelona he wants to leave PSG this summer
While Boston's average claim gap dropped from 3.7 in 2016, the relative likelihood of a claim being filed in the city increased almost 12 percent from past year.
Boston ranks as the worst city for drivers.
"The Allstate America's Best Drivers Report is produced exclusively to boost the country's discussion about safe driving". In Boston, the rate was every 3.6 years.More news: Ransomware hits servers across Europe
Baltimore ranks No. 199, with 4.2 years between collisions and the likelihood of a crash 140.6 percent higher than the national average.
"The America's Best Drivers Report furthers Allstate's commitment to public safety in communities nationwide, where we advocate for smart, focused driving habits that can help reduce collisions and save lives", said Glenn Shapiro, Allstate's executive vice president of claims. In addition to Boston and Worcester taking two of the bottom three (or, depending on your perspective, top) spots, Springfield placed 196th on the list, followed closely by Providence at No. 194 and New Haven at 192. The city of McAllen was ranked 9th on the list while the city of Brownsville was ranked 2nd.More news: Petya cyber attack: Ransomware virus hits computer servers across globe
- Bolt curious about who will replace him as fastest man
- Diablo III "Rise of the Necromancer Pack" out today
- Transit agency: Human error caused subway train derailment
- Backed Syrian coalition takes Raqqa district from Islamic State
- Trump's tweets: Does he get Russian Federation danger?
- Building and fire safety group meets
- Hamilton: Soft Vettel penalty for Baku clash sets unsafe precedent
- Garcia report vindicates bid´s integrity, says Qatar 2022 Committee
- Real Madrid president Florentino confident of Ronaldo stay: I've spoken to Mendes
- Brian Head Fire continues to ravage southern Utah