Specialists abseil down the side of Bray Tower to check the cladding, on the Chalcots Estate in north London, Britain, June 27, 2017.
The fire, which left 79 dead or missing presumed dead, spread rapidly through the London tower block, which has been blamed by experts on its flammable outside cladding.
Theresa May's spokesman said it would examine what had gone wrong 'when cladding which is failing the tests was fitted on buildings across the country over a number of decades'.More news: Israeli media calls Narendra Modi as world's most important PM
"The investigation must leave no stone unturned", said the letter, written on behalf of the residents of Hurstway, Testerton, Barandon and Grenfell Walks on the Lancaster West estate.
"The building owner is required to make a building regulation application to either the local authority or appoint a private company, known as an Approved Inspector, to oversee and certify that the building works meet the minimum requirements of the building regulations".
Shares of Arconic Inc, formerly a part of Alcoa, fell as much as 11.3 per cent after it was revealed it had supplied the cladding knowing it would be used at Grenfell Tower, despite warning in its brochures those specific panels were a fire risk for tall buildings.
Caused by a faulty fridge freezer, the fire killed 79 people, including five-year-old Isaac Paulos, it was announced on Tuesday.More news: Will the Trump Rally Die in the Senate?
Scotland Yard on Tuesday named Isaac Paulous, releasing a statement from his family that read: "We will all miss our kind, energetic, generous little boy".
"There are the blocks that are inhabitable, they have been allowed to go back home, but they've got no hot water so there's a boiler being built by the military on the ground right now".
"It can't really be explained in enough detail how complex an investigation this is in terms of identification, and in terms of recovery of bodies on a unsafe site that my team are not allowed to enter because the building is being shored up", Dr. Fiona Wilcox, the Westminster coroner, said in a statement on Monday. German media reported that at least 70 other buildings would be tested in Wuppertal alone.
His inquest was opened alongside three other victims including 24-year-old artist Khadija Saye, her mother Mary Ajaoi Augustus Mendy, 51, and Mohamednur Tuccu, 44, whose body was recovered from close to the nearby leisure centre.More news: This Man Just Visited Disneyland 2000 Days in a Row
- Pope Francis Warns of Anti-Christian Prosecution in Modern Times
- Father Arrested for the Murder of His Missing 5-Year-Old Son
- Three days to go: Five things to know as you welcome GST
- TSA finds 20 pound live lobster in Boston airport passenger's luggage
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 mid-end chipset announced at MWC Shanghai 2017
- Trump urges Modi to open up Indian markets for U.S. goods
- Facing revolt on healthcare bill, Senate Republicans delay vote
- SRT adds a dash of Demon to Challenger Hellcat Widebody
- Ed Sheeran is working on his fourth album
- National Hockey League 18 Puts Connor McDavid on Cover and Offers Arcade Mode