Donations can be dropped off between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.at the Salvation Army, 237 S. Montezuma St.in Prescott.
Pete Gordon, fire chief for Prescott National Forest, reminded residents that 19 Granite Mountain Hotshots died on a hill four years ago on June 30 while fighting the Yarnell Hill wildfire 33 miles from Prescott. Tiffany Davila, a spokeswoman for the Arizona Department of Forestry and Fire Management, said dense chaparral, rugged terrain and winds add to hazardous conditions firefighters face while combatting the blaze.
A weather station at Sunset Point, 14 miles southeast of the fire, recorded a temperature of 101 degrees, 3 percent relative humidity and wind gusts at 23 to 31 mph.More news: US commerce secretary backs free trade deal with Europe
Operating any internal combustion engine from 9 a.m.to 8 p.m.
Highway 69 is closed at Mayer.
Tiffany Davila of the Arizona Department of Forestry and Fire Management says the fire is in a rugged area, and heavy winds Monday and Tuesday have made it hard to suppress.More news: Bernie Really, Really Doesn't Want to Talk About That FBI Investigation
The evacuation order for the community of Pine Flat is still in place, and the Sheriff's Office also issued an evacuation order for Breezy Pines.
The cause of fire is under investigation. There are no reports yet of any structures being destroyed as the fire approached Mayer.
Daily Courier Photo Editor Les Stukenberg is broadcasting live on Facebook from near the Goodwin Fire. However, this can only be accomplished when it is safe for deputies to enter, complete an accurate assessment, and determine ownership.More news: Chaffetz, leaving Congress this week, heading to Fox News
More than 500 firefighters have been assigned to the fire. John Pierson's Type 1 Incident Management Team is already there. The other fire to the north is the Brian Head Fire east of Cedar City, Utah.
- Trump insists he's engaged with health care bill
- Spider-Man will play key role in Phase 4 of the MCU
- Stock's Buzzers - Frontier Communications Corp (NASDAQ:FTR), Xerox Corp (NYSE:XRX)
- Burn Victim Who Inspired "Judy's Law" Dies At 33
- Euro surges to 15-month high against yen
- Australia beat Italy in shaky outing; Fiji win over Scotland
- Qatar Airways wants to buy 10 percent stake in American Airlines
- Mattis says Assad took Trump's chemical warning 'seriously'
- Trump urges India to do more to ease trade barriers
- Deputies: Woman gives birth to child fathered by 11-year-old