Firefighters battled high winds Monday as they fought a fire that has grown to 67 square miles (174 square kilometres) and burned 13 homes - larger than any other fire in the country now, state emergency managers said. This Saturday, June 24, 2017, photo, shows a cabin burnt to the ground by a wildfire fire on the west side of Panguitch Lake, near Panguitch, Utah. Almost 1,000 firefighters battled a Utah wildfire that grew Sunday mor.
The fire has burned 46,000 acres and is 10% contained, with the agency estimating it will take until July 15 to get it fully under control. Residents eyed the flames warily as authorities told them to make preparations to flee as the blaze made its way east toward Banning, where for several hours residents were on edge and told to prepare to evacuate as flames chewed threw dry grass sprung up from this year's winter.
Daytime temperatures in the upper-80s were expected to continue through the midweek in Iron County, with highs elsewhere in the state ranging from northern Utah's low-90s to well over 100 degrees in southwestern Utah.More news: Pregnant Serena Williams poses nude for Vanity Fair cover
The Frye Fire in southern Arizona covered more than 37,000 acres as of Sunday, with 39% of the perimeter contained, the forest service at Coronado National Forest said.
A major wildfire in southern Utah, United States, has forced more than 1,500 people from their homes and cabins.
The fire quickly grew to over 1,000 acres with zero containment, according to Cal Fire Riverside.More news: Syria involved in active preparations for possible chemical weapons attack: Pentagon
California fire officials issued evacuation warnings for some residents in Riverside County on Monday night after a auto crash ignited a 5,000-acre brush fire in a remote area located about 80 miles east of Los Angeles.
Share with Us - We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article, and smart, constructive criticism. Nearly 1 million more acres had burned by Thursday, compared with the 10-year average through June 22.
On Monday, the wind was pushing flames in the direction of two mountain communities, Poppet Flats and Silent Valley, Cal Fire/Riverside County Fire Department Capt. Lucas Spelman said. Two people in the vehicle were hospitalized with unknown injuries. Earlier in the evening, the department said almost 400 firefighters by ground and air were working to contain the fire.More news: Michael Jordan, Kevin Durant congratulate MVP Russell Westbrook
- EU nationals' rights: Here's what will happen after Brexit
- Back to Switzerland for Cyprus peace deal talks
- Timing key for Eastbourne wildcard Novak Djokovic
- GOP Sen. Susan Collins Firmly Opposes Senate Health Care Bill
- Pentagon: 'active preparations' by Syria for chemical attack
- Massive cyberattack hits airlines, banks, power grids across Europe and the US
- PM Modi leaves for home after concluding three nation tour
- Health Care Protester in Wheelchair Dragged Away from Mitch McConnell's Office
- SNES Classic UK release date, price and games confirmed by Nintendo
- Disney Denies Reports of Trump-Related Turmoil at 'Hall of Presidents' Attraction