The National Basketball Association team owner even posed for a photo with the Cubs and Trump.
Trump later invited players into the Oval Office, where the team presented him a team jersey bearing his name and the number 45, as well as a "45" scoreboard placard.More news: Aadhaar, PAN Linking Mandatory From July 1
The Cubs already visited President Barack Obama back in January, but decided to make another stop at the White House to see President Trump while in town to play the Washington Nationals.
Reporters and members of the Cubs were gathered in the Roosevelt Room just before 2 p.m., when Trump "called over Dan Gilbert, owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers over and they all stood for pictures", according to the pool report.
The Golden State Warriors may go to Capitol Hill instead of the White House, and Trump is not happy about it.
'Somebody asked me about it a couple months ago, a hypothetical, if a championship were to happen, what would I do, ' Curry said.More news: New cyber attack shuts down largest terminal of Los Angeles Port
The informal "meet and greet" was the second time the team has visited the White House to mark their historic 2016 World Series win.
'I'm going because it's the United States of America, and I'd rather not live anywhere else except this country, ' said first baseman Anthony Rizzo. It's the White House'.
Another Cubs star, Jason Heyward, said he would not be attending.More news: PM challenged to end austerity by backing police and fire services
- USA Gymnastics needs 'culture change' to stop abuse
- Nintendo to launch mini version of SNES
- Mattis says Syria's government taking US threat seriously
- Wisconsin wants 'Making a Murderer' inmate to stay in jail
- Cosby venue could move to California in sex abuse lawsuit
- Trump comes close to finding his red line in Syria
- CNN journalists resign over retracted story
- Bill Cosby trial Day 9: Jury reports it is deadlocked
- Manslaughter charges filed in YouTube stunt gone wrong
- Handmaids Descend on the Capitol to Protest Senate Republicans' Health Care Bill