Judy appeared with Allred at a press conference on Friday, December 5, 2014, to announce the LAPD's decision to formally investigate Huth's claims that Cosby molested Huth as a 15-year-old girl in a bedroom of the Playboy Mansion.
Attorney Gloria Allred, who represents many of Cosby's accusers, said "justice will come" after a judge declared a mistrial in Bill Cosby's sexual assault case. Meanwhile, 10 women are pursuing either sexual assault or defamation lawsuits against Cosby, including Huth.
The 79-year-old's lawyers twice requested to have the case dismissed, but the motions were rejected last year (16).More news: Euro surges to 15-month high against yen
The spokesperson made the announcement after a sexual assault trial in Pennsylvania ended in a hung jury and mistrial on June 17.
After those plans were criticized, though, a spokeswoman said the meetings were never meant to be about sexual assault but an effort to restore Cosby's legacy. "And I believe round two will ultimately provide the acquittal that Mr. Cosby seeks", she said.
A lawyer for Bill Cosby says she does not think he will speak publicly before his second criminal trial in Pennsylvania.
Agrusa's rejection of the town halls came in comments after a hearing in a civil case against Cosby in Santa Monica, California on Tuesday.More news: Namibia suspends imports and movement of live poultry
The troubled comedian's remarks emerge shortly after his attorney Angela Agrusa poured doubt on the idea of Cosby addressing his legal woes in public. "Any further information about public plans will be given at the appropriate time", he told ABC News via a statement. Agrusa also said that the retrial of his criminal case would likely be jeopardized by such a tour.
If Cosby were to go forward with his town halls, Allred said she'll "consider a parallel speaking tour" in the same cities. A hearing is scheduled for Tuesday to set a trial date in a lawsuit accusing him of sexually assaulting a teen.
Agrusa says Cosby takes the criminal charges seriously and he would never do anything to undermine the importance of the issue. Cosby denied the allegation, stating that they had a sexual encounter that was consensual.
Be Civil - It's OK to have a difference in opinion but there's no need to be a jerk.More news: Taekwondo Team Opens Door to Inter-Korean Cooperation
- USA Gymnastics needs 'culture change' to stop abuse
- It seems like the Suns were behind Josh Jackson skipping Celtics workout
- Shooting suspect arrested after police chase on Hwy. 400
- Jason Statham and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley welcome a son
- CNN's Overzealous Trump Coverage Is Making Everyone's Job Harder
- Alleged NSA Leaker Reality Winner Appears in Federal Court, Trial Date Set
- Trump insists he's engaged with health care bill
- NATO chief: US allies to spend $12 billion more this year
- Trump accepts Macron invite to attend Bastille Day parade
- A Bad Moms Christmas trailer is here!