"He was bleeding right from the middle of the head", the current worker said.
Hua declined further comment but said he had not been mistreated.
Abigail Klem, the president of the Ivanka Trump brand, said earlier this month that its products have not been produced at the factory in question since March, and that licensees are "required to operate within strict social compliance regulations".More news: Iraqi military says it has retaken two Mosul neighborhoods from Islamic State
They gathered video, pictures and evidence that showed that workers at the factories were exploited, with long working hours and ill treatment by management, China Labor Watch said.
Hua and his colleagues at the labor rights group China Labor Watch were preparing to publish a report alleging low pay, excessive overtime, crude verbal abuse and possible misuse of student labor at Huajian Group factories. Zhang Huarong, the company's founder and chairman, strongly denied in a lengthy interview at the Dongguan factory in December that Huajian had violated labor laws, and company spokesmen have reiterated that position since then.
China Labor Watch, which alleged Huajian had forced some employees to work 18 hours for the equivalent of about a dollar an hour, had hoped Trump, a special advisor to the US president, could help improve working conditions at Chinese suppliers by speaking out on the case. The labour group said two were taken away from a hotel room while the third was detained by customs officials in the southern city of Shenzhen while en route to Hong Kong.
The three activists' detention prompted the U.S. State Department to call for their immediate release.More news: Aadhaar, PAN Linking Mandatory From July 1
Last month, three men investigating conditions at the Huajian Group factory in Ganzhou were detained, accused of illegally using secret recording devices to steal commercial secrets.
The factory has made a wide range of brands of shoes, but makes only the heels of Ivanka Trump-branded footwear. Marc Fisher, which produces shoes for Ivanka Trump and other brands, has said it is looking into the allegations.
The activists disappeared or were detained in late May.More news: India's Kidambi Srikanth clinches Australian Open title
- Handmaids Descend on the Capitol to Protest Senate Republicans' Health Care Bill
- It seems like the Suns were behind Josh Jackson skipping Celtics workout
- Dashcam Video of the Philando Castile Shooting Just Released
- Watch the trailer for The Foreigner starring Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan
- A Bad Moms Christmas trailer is here!
- USA Gymnastics needs 'culture change' to stop abuse
- Bill Cosby trial Day 9: Jury reports it is deadlocked
- GOP infighting stalls budget plan
- 76ers Among 7 Teams Interested In Andre Iguodala
- CNN's Overzealous Trump Coverage Is Making Everyone's Job Harder