And while Spicer has cut back on the number of televised press briefings, he is still on the payroll as both communications director and chief spokesman. We've been seeking input from people as far as what ideas they might have, we've been meeting with potential people that may be of service to this administration.
In his almost five months on the job, Spicer has become something of a punching bag for Trump, who notably excluded the devout Catholic from a meeting with the Pope.More news: America's Cup win brings relief, elation for New Zealanders
"When we have an announcement of a personnel nature, we'll let you know", he added.
The White House even told journalists on Monday that that day's off-camera briefing could not be filmed or broadcasted with audio.
"The president clearly wants a bill that has heart in it", Spicer said.More news: Backed Syrian coalition takes Raqqa district from Islamic State
"I think it was Russia", Trump said. But there is no massive White House shake-up coming, it's not going to happen.
A new round of stories started circulating that the White House was looking to replace Spicer.
That Spicer has become an object of ridicule for "Saturday Night Live" and the late-night shows has not been lost on the right.More news: Nasdaq futures fall as tech selloff continues
Spicer accused reporters of asking the same question over and over in the hopes of getting a good soundbite that will boost their own profile. Whether Bannon is speaking for himself or the president wasn't clear, but many weren't amused.
- Iraqi military says it has retaken two Mosul neighbourhoods from Islamic State
- NJ college: Professor fired for racially insensitive remarks
- India, US vow to strengthen economic ties, resolve differences
- Disabled protesters dragged from healthcare bill protest in Capitol Hill (PHOTOS, VIDEOS)
- Jack: Tiger will have 'very hard time' returning to golf
- Florida wins 1st national championship
- Bolt curious about who will replace him as fastest man
- Energy Transfer Equity, LP Sees Unusually Large Options Volume (ETE)
- European court refuses to intervene over sick British baby
- Marco Verratti tells Barcelona he wants to leave PSG this summer