And while Spicer has cut back on the number of televised press briefings, he is still on the payroll as both communications director and chief spokesman. We've been seeking input from people as far as what ideas they might have, we've been meeting with potential people that may be of service to this administration.
In his almost five months on the job, Spicer has become something of a punching bag for Trump, who notably excluded the devout Catholic from a meeting with the Pope.More news: Otto Warmbier: North Korea to release imprisoned American university student
"When we have an announcement of a personnel nature, we'll let you know", he added.
The White House even told journalists on Monday that that day's off-camera briefing could not be filmed or broadcasted with audio.
"The president clearly wants a bill that has heart in it", Spicer said.More news: Disabled protesters dragged from healthcare bill protest in Capitol Hill (PHOTOS, VIDEOS)
"I think it was Russia", Trump said. But there is no massive White House shake-up coming, it's not going to happen.
A new round of stories started circulating that the White House was looking to replace Spicer.
That Spicer has become an object of ridicule for "Saturday Night Live" and the late-night shows has not been lost on the right.More news: Energy Transfer Equity, LP Sees Unusually Large Options Volume (ETE)
Spicer accused reporters of asking the same question over and over in the hopes of getting a good soundbite that will boost their own profile. Whether Bannon is speaking for himself or the president wasn't clear, but many weren't amused.
- NJ college: Professor fired for racially insensitive remarks
- America's Cup win brings relief, elation for New Zealanders
- Iraqi military says it has retaken two Mosul neighbourhoods from Islamic State
- Nasdaq futures fall as tech selloff continues
- TODAY'S FORECAST: Mostly sunny, chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms
- Hamilton: Soft Vettel penalty for Baku clash sets unsafe precedent
- Modi warn Pakistan over terrorism
- India, US vow to strengthen economic ties, resolve differences
- Brian Head Fire continues to ravage southern Utah
- NC Teen Reported Missing a Year Ago Found Alive