Sanders angrily responded that the allegations against his wife must be politically motivated because the complaint was started by Brady Toensing, a chairman for the Trump campaign in Vermont. Sanders might be forgiven for giving the "not what I'm talking about today" line a whirl, though; Democrats often find a sympathetic, narrative-advancing audience in the press corps.
"I'm glad that you're interested in the fact that the Republican leadership is proposing legislation which would throw millions of people off of health insurance and give hundreds of billions of dollars in tax breaks to the top 1 percent", he said. The paper said three donors said their pledges were misrepresented in the loan documents; the college closed in 2016 with officials citing its debt from the land purchase.More news: Trump's Warning To Syria On Chemical Weapons Worked, Jim Mattis Says
Politico on Thursday reported Jane Sanders had lawyered up with Washington attorney Larry Robbins.
Sanders would not confirm to CNN that his wife was under FBI investigation. But he faces possible home-state problems stemming from a simmering investigation of his wife Jane's management of the college she once ran. In this one, Bernie is hit with a question he can't dodge, so he goes all-in on conspiracy theories about how Donald Trump tried to destroy his campaign.
The wife of the nation's most prominent socialist legislator is the subject of a federal investigation regarding her role in the ultimate capitalist nightmare: A failed real estate deal.More news: Chaffetz, leaving Congress this week, heading to Fox News
Sander's wife, Jane, is currently in the midst of a federal probe involving a $10 million loan that led to the bankruptcy of the now-defunct Burlington College, which she was the president of.
BURNETT: I do just want to understand at this time do you have any knowledge as to whether she's under FBI investigation.
"I think it's fairly pathetic that when people are involved in public life, it's not only that they get attacked, but it's their wives and their families that get attacked", the Vermont Senator said. But the deal fell through when the alleged strategy failed to take shape; Mrs. Sanders left the college in 2011, and the school shut down five years later. "That's pretty pathetic. And that's where we are right now, and that's all that I want to say".More news: The Government Still Uses Floppy Disks - Trump Wants To Change That
- Iran urges Europe to help promote dialogue in Gulf
- Firefighters battle wildfires in Arizona, Utah, California
- Trump urges India to do more to ease trade barriers
- Spider-Man will play key role in Phase 4 of the MCU
- Deputies: Woman gives birth to child fathered by 11-year-old
- Stock's Buzzers - Frontier Communications Corp (NASDAQ:FTR), Xerox Corp (NYSE:XRX)
- Tom Holland Is Really Excited About Spider-Man Spinoff Venom
- Schools can't favour one religion over another - High Court rules
- 'Petya' becomes latest ransomware attack to hammer businesses around the globe
- Qatar Airways wants to buy 10 percent stake in American Airlines