No concession on railway tickets: To plug misuse and leakages, Indian Railways have made it mandatory to quote Aadhaar from July 1 to avail concessions on railway tickets.
As many as 2.07 crore taxpayers have already linked their Aadhaar with PAN. "It is only to facilitate other transactions which are mentioned in Rule 114B of the Rules", the apex court had said.More news: Jason Statham and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley welcome a son
Pursuant to this, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) had said the linking of Aadhaar and PAN will be a "must" for the filing of income tax returns (ITR) and obtaining PAN from July 1. This had created a furore leading to litigation on the enforceability of the provision since many taxpayers had not obtained Aadhaar.
For those who do not have PAN card will need to first get Aadhaar card made as the no PAN card will issued without Aadhar after July 1.
For ITR filing and to release the new PAN from July 1st, its necessary to link the Aadhaar with PAN.More news: HomeServe PLC (HSV.L) Shares Moving On Volume
The rules will come into force from July 1, 2017, the revenue department said while amending Rule 114 of the Income Tax Act, which deals in application for allotment of PAN.
If you are unable to link your aadhar card to PAN card there might be a chance that the DOB on aadhar card is not matching with the PAN card DOB data base. If you want to link the two but are not sure how to do it, you can use the e-facility launched by the Income Tax department, which is the easiest way to link the two. "There is a social security number in America and in India it (Aadhaar) could be the counterpart", Arun Jaitley had said.
Should you not link you Aadhar number to your PAN, your PAN card will cease to be valid. The SC bench said that the interim order can not be passed on the apprehension of petitioners that the government may deprive people from availing benefits of various welfare schemes due to the lack of Aadhaar details. If you have a pop up blocker active, you will have to go on the "Profile Setting" on the dashboard's menu bar to click on "Link Aadhar" option.More news: Shooting suspect arrested after police chase on Hwy. 400
- It seems like the Suns were behind Josh Jackson skipping Celtics workout
- 'Arrogant' Trump sees U.S. image plummet worldwide
- Utah wildfire grows to largest active fire in US
- Iraqi military says it has retaken two Mosul neighborhoods from Islamic State
- Community meeting planned as Brian Head Fire continues to grow
- Bernie Really, Really Doesn't Want to Talk About That FBI Investigation
- Trump accepts Macron invite to attend Bastille Day parade
- India's Kidambi Srikanth clinches Australian Open title
- Premier League Fixtures 2017/18 - when are the biggest games?
- Trump insists he's engaged with health care bill