Stein goes on to confirm what's been reported on Durant and his contract situation, which is that he will opt out of his current two-year deal when free agency begins to sign a new one that also has a player option for the second year.
A report from ESPN's Marc Stein says Durant "plans to wait until after the team completes the bulk of its summer business before re-signing with the National Basketball Association champions".More news: Utah wildfire grows to largest active fire in US
Sources told ESPN that Durant and business partner Rich Kleiman intend to work with the club in providing the necessary discounts on Durant's expected new two-year deal to help them retain free agents such as Andre Iguodala and Shaun Livingston.
Golden State Warriors President of Basketball Operations/General Manager Bob Myers has been named the 2016-17 NBA Executive of the Year, earning his second such honor in three seasons, the league announced yesterday at the inaugural NBA Awards in NY.More news: 'Arrogant' Trump sees U.S. image plummet worldwide
"Look for (Durant) to sign later in the month", one source said this week. It is anticipated that he could command a salary of at least $10 million and up to $12 million per season. It is not yet known if Iguodala will take meetings. He has been the sixth man but was so darn good he won the 2015 Finals MVP. The Warriors will also be in the market for other veteran free agents who would sign for the mid-level exception.
The Warriors are trying to lock up their core for as long as they can, and they should be a force for the next four or five years.More news: Cosby venue could move to California in sex abuse lawsuit
The Warriors have qualified for the postseason in each of Myers' five full seasons at the helm, making five consecutive playoff appearances for the first time since qualifying for the postseason in each of the first six years of the league's existence (1947-52).
- Taekwondo Team Opens Door to Inter-Korean Cooperation
- Knicks, Phil Jackson Part Ways After Dismal 3-Year Run
- Iraqi military says it has retaken two Mosul neighborhoods from Islamic State
- It seems like the Suns were behind Josh Jackson skipping Celtics workout
- A Bad Moms Christmas trailer is here!
- India's Kidambi Srikanth clinches Australian Open title
- Subway derails in Manhattan, causing injuries
- Alleged NSA Leaker Reality Winner Appears in Federal Court, Trial Date Set
- Bill Cosby trial Day 9: Jury reports it is deadlocked
- Aadhaar, PAN Linking Mandatory From July 1