McEnroe asserted that that Williams' mental toughness would be one of the things that she would be having her way on the men's tour.
About grunting in women's tennis, the seven time Grand Slam champion said something very intriguing, suggesting tennis authorities to ban players who overcome limit, especially the Russian Maria Sharapova: 'It takes away from the your appreciation of of what they're doing. You say she is the best female player in the world in the book.More news: Ivanka Trump grades father's performance so far: 'A, of course'
During an interview with NPR, McEnroe called Serena the "best female player ever - no question, but if she played the men's circuit she'd be like 700 in the world". I do, but the reality of what would happen would be I think something that perhaps it'd be a little higher, perhaps it'd be a little lower. " ... That doesn't mean I don't think Serena is an incredible player".
"If she had to just play the circuit - the men's circuit - that would be an entirely different story", Sport24 quoted McEnroe as saying. "I suppose anything's possible at some stage", he said.More news: Justine Kish loses battle of the bowel inside the Octagon
McEnroe tried his best to praise Williams, but ultimately, he ended up doing more harm than good. Throughout the course of her career, Williams has won a record 23 Grand Slam titles but #pregnancy temporarily prevented her from pursuing a 24th. She surpassed Martina Navratilova by 26 days. Williams has won almost 87 percent of her matches on the singles tour, and when her accomplishments in doubles are added in she has 95 tournament titles to her credit. Roger Federer, by comparison, has 17 singles Slams and none in doubles.More news: After 4 days, Portugal contains wildfire that killed 64
- NASCAR Cup Series tackles Pocono Sunday
- Frank de Boer named new Crystal Palace manager
- Investors cut bets on Brent crude rally, raise bets against
- Surgical strikes prove India's strength, no country questioned it: Modi
- Shawal moon sighted, Eidul Fitr on Monday
- Narendra Modi must raise H-1B visa issue with Donald Trump
- Wisconsin business leaders to meet with Trump
- President Trump Says He Doesn't Want a 'Poor Person' in Cabinet Role
- Mario Balotelli Signs One-year Contract Extension With Nice
- Amazon Buys Whole Foods