McEnroe asserted that that Williams' mental toughness would be one of the things that she would be having her way on the men's tour.
About grunting in women's tennis, the seven time Grand Slam champion said something very intriguing, suggesting tennis authorities to ban players who overcome limit, especially the Russian Maria Sharapova: 'It takes away from the your appreciation of of what they're doing. You say she is the best female player in the world in the book.More news: After 4 days, Portugal contains wildfire that killed 64
During an interview with NPR, McEnroe called Serena the "best female player ever - no question, but if she played the men's circuit she'd be like 700 in the world". I do, but the reality of what would happen would be I think something that perhaps it'd be a little higher, perhaps it'd be a little lower. " ... That doesn't mean I don't think Serena is an incredible player".
"If she had to just play the circuit - the men's circuit - that would be an entirely different story", Sport24 quoted McEnroe as saying. "I suppose anything's possible at some stage", he said.More news: Narendra Modi must raise H-1B visa issue with Donald Trump
McEnroe tried his best to praise Williams, but ultimately, he ended up doing more harm than good. Throughout the course of her career, Williams has won a record 23 Grand Slam titles but #pregnancy temporarily prevented her from pursuing a 24th. She surpassed Martina Navratilova by 26 days. Williams has won almost 87 percent of her matches on the singles tour, and when her accomplishments in doubles are added in she has 95 tournament titles to her credit. Roger Federer, by comparison, has 17 singles Slams and none in doubles.More news: PM invites US CEOs to invest in India
- President Trump Says He Doesn't Want a 'Poor Person' in Cabinet Role
- England captain Eoin Morgan rested for T20 decider against South Africa
- Facebook 'talking to Hollywood studios over original programming'
- Surgical strikes prove India's strength, no country questioned it: Modi
- Airtel Monsoon Surprise offer
- Justine Kish loses battle of the bowel inside the Octagon
- Wisconsin business leaders to meet with Trump
- The Nokia 6 coming to US in early July for $229
- NASCAR Cup Series tackles Pocono Sunday
- Man Utd push to close Morata signing this week