Ivanka Trump must testify in a trademark infringement dispute involving one of the shoe designs of her namesake brand, a judge ruled on Friday.
Trump had opposed a deposition in the lawsuit by Aquazzura Italia SRL - which said its shoe design was used for a Trump model called "Hettie" - on the grounds that she had nothing to do with the actual design of shoes marketed through a partnership.
The judge says the deposition is appropriate because Trump says she's active in her company's decision making.
Forrest said the deposition may take place in Washington, will not exceed two hours, and that Trump can do it anytime before October. The Italian company wants to Ivanka trump interviewed on the case.Читайте также: Bomber blows himself up among civilians fleeing Mosul
"Testimony of Mrs. trump would be an unnecessary distraction and would interfere with the performance of her duties in the White house", said lawyer Darren Sanders.
She said that as the former president of IT Collection LLC, she had "no involvement in the conception, design, production, design, or sale of the Hettie Shoe".
"My involvement was strictly limited to the final sign-off of each season's line after it was first reviewed and approved by the company's design team", Trump said.
Not unlike her father, Ivanka's public statements undermined her lawyer's defense. Adding, "While that declaration does assert a lack of personal knowledge of the design at issue, plaintiff asserts otherwise".
Instead, Trump's lawyers suggested that Abigail Klem, IT Collection's president, answer the questions. It says almost every detail of its shoe was copied.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- USA condemns blasts in Quetta, Parachinar; offers support to Pakistan
- Roger Federer advances to 11th Halle final
- Opposition picks Meira Kumar as presidential candidate
- Trump Says China Failed to Help US With North Korea Problems
- Sixers make Fultz top pick, Lakers snag Ball second
- Knicks look overseas for help with No 8 pick
- Cindy Weakens But Still Stirs Weather Over Wide Swath
- Rep. Steve Scalise listed in fair condition, hospital says
- Sen. Dean Heller Is the First Moderate "No" on Trumpcare
- Dozens arrested after disability advocates protest at McConnell's office