(In the case of a 50-50 split, the decision would be left to Vice President Mike Pence.) But the four lawmakers made it very clear they were open to negotiating changes to the bill aimed at replacing the Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as Obamacare.
She contended, for example, that the bill's tax cuts for the wealthy are paid for by "blood money:" cuts to tax credits that help individuals pay for health insurance and to Medicaid, a program that provides health coverage to low-income Americans.
It would also bar the use of the bill's health care tax credits to buy coverage that includes abortions, a major demand for conservatives.
Paul, along with senators Ted Cruz (R-Texas), Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) and Mike Lee (R-Utah), announced that he will vote against the GOP health-care bill and is hopeful the new one has a chance to pass if Senate leadership is willing to make it more of a repeal bill.More news: Kushner visits family of officer murdered in Jerusalem attack
"The goal of a lot of the reform discussion has been trying to allow states to be more innovative in their delivery of dollars for the Medicaid system", said state Rep. Murrell Smith, the Sumter Republican who chairs a panel that decides state health-care spending.
In reviewing the bill, Sullivan, a Republican, said he will look at whether Alaska-specific issues are addressed. But the Senate bill begins phasing out this increased funding starting in 2021 and restoring it to pre-Obamacare levels by 2024.
The bill was created to be a budget reconciliation instead of new legislation and thus would need only a simple majority of Senate to pass the bill, as opposed to the customary 60-vote majority.More news: Keshia Knight Pulliam still milking Cosby trial for publicity
According to the CBO, the House health bill would leave 23 million more uninsured than current law.
"I have serious concerns about the bill's impact on the Nevadans who depend on Medicaid", Heller said after McConnell unveiled the proposal Thursday morning.More news: Dennis Rodman gifts Trump book on North Korea visit
- Darjeeling unrest continues, Rajnath Singh appeals peace; Mamata smells conspiracy
- Church of England head says it 'colluded with' sex abuse
- Senate Health Care Bill Could Be In Jeopardy As Conservatives Announce Opposition
- Senate GOP health bill would cut Medicaid, erase tax increases, reports say
- Forget fidget spinners, now parents are anxious about toothpick crossbows
- 76ers take Fultz with top pick in NBA draft
- Unseeded Jelena Ostapenko Stuns Simona Halep to Win Title
- Supreme Court Has a Chance to Limit Partisan Gerrymandering
- The Caps' 10 most likely expansion draft targets for Vegas
- China security talks focus on North Korea