Pittsburgh Penguins center Nick Bonino had to be shot up with medication just to celebrate with his teammates after the Penguins won the NHL Stanley Cup on Sunday night, according to Sean Gentille of The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
The Pittsburgh Penguins have achieved what few teams have before them, winning back to back Stanley Cups.
Other details were still being finalized Monday and will be announced later.
Speaking with reporters after the decisive Game 6, Bonino revealed he suffered a broken leg while blocking a shot during the first period of the series' second game - then played the final two periods on it.More news: Qatar emir congratulates Saudi crown prince
Since 1997-1998 the Penguins are the first team which has won two National Hockey League titles in a row, and the last one before them were the Detroit Red Wings.
According to Sportsnet, he joins Mario Lemieux and Bernie Parent as the only players to win the award in back-to-back years. "If you could somehow put our two goaltenders on there - you know, there were games that they stole for us throughout the playoffs".
Penguins. Penguins that very well may be the greatest hockey team of the decade. The team was missing Kris Letang and was missing Murray for the first two rounds.
Like in the past season, the series was finished after the sixth game, but we have to add that the encounter at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville was exciting and thrilling up to its end.More news: Cavs won't bring back GM after 3 straight trips to Finals
Some 10 minutes later, Sissons was in alone only to be stopped by goalie Matt Murray.
The trend held in the fast nationals, with the Tony Awards averaging 6 million viewers and a 0.9 adults 18-49 Live+same day rating, down -31% and -44%, respectively, from 2016. It ranks as 4th-best SCF Game 6 on record.
"Even if I could get moving, any little twist could take me out, and you don't want to leave the team like that", he said.More news: Tropical Storm Cindy comes ashore in southwest Louisiana
- Virginia Community Mourns Muslim Teen Killed On Her Way To Mosque
- Who Destroyed the al-Nuri Mosque in Iraq?
- Sanders Signals Backing of Senate Slowdown Over Health-Care Bill
- Venkaiah reaches out to more parties on President's poll
- Andre Ward scores TKO win over Sergey Kovalev in 8th round
- Amanda Knox has opened her Instagram account for the first time
- 66 million displaced people: Human cost of war in 2016
- Ronaldo summoned for hearing as Mourinho also accused of tax fraud
- West Nile virus found in Staten Island mosquitos, health officials say
- Trump suggests fitting border wall with solar panels