Turnout is generally low to non-existent today in the 5th Congressional District special election to decide who will replace Mick Mulvaney, President Donald Trump's new budget director. Tonight is Election Night in Georgia as well, but the numbers are still rolling in.
But if Republican Karen Handel keeps the seat under party control after Tuesday's special election, it will be by a much smaller margin.
Stay tuned, we will also have results from the Georgia Special election as soon as they are available.More news: Indianapolis Store Gives Away Paul George Apparel For Free
With a similar background to President Donald Trump, Norman made millions in real estate development prior to running for Congress, CNBC reports. National surrogates have stumped for both. Ted Cruz (R., Texas) and former Sen.
Norman emerged as the top vote-getter from a seven-way GOP primary and defeated state lawmaker Tommy Pope by just more than 200 votes in a runoff.
But the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has only plunked $275,000 into the SC race, compared to a $5 million investment in the special election in Georgia's 6th District.More news: Female-led 'Supernatural' spin-off 'Wayward Sisters' greenlit for backdoor pilot
Democrats held the seat for more than 100 years before Mulvaney's 2010 victory.
Of the two races, the House seat in Georgia's sixth district is the tightest and most competitive. Norman has aligned himself with Trump, while Parnell has argued he best represents the viewpoints of the sprawling district.
"Trump is still very popular in our area", Norman said. "He proved his mettle".More news: Ronaldo ordered to appear in court
- Extreme Heat Leads to Flight Cancellations
- France's Macron to reshuffle govt after huge parliament win
- US coroner investigating death of student freed from N Korea
- Nickelback's Chad Kroeger Calls Slipknot a 'Gimmick'
- Freed US student `brutalised´ by North Korea captors - father
- Oil Glut Continue To Dampen OPEC Efforts
- Politics responsible for wars, not people: Kabir Khan
- Manchester boss Mourinho accused of tax fraud in Spain
- McCain: Americans 'stupid' to travel to North Korea
- Portugal gains upper hand over wildfire that killed 64