Top Trump adviser Steve Bannon reportedly said the reason White House press briefings were happening off camera lately was because "Sean got fatter", and Chelsea Clinton is pissed.
Sean Spicer, the embattled press secretary, spoke for 30 minutes Tuesday and didn't answer a number of basic questions, including whether the president believes Russian Federation interfered in the 2016 election and whether Trump had seen the hotly debated Senate health care bill. "When we have an announcement of a personnel nature we'll let you know".More news: Turkish troops arrive in Qatar amid Gulf tensions
Press briefings have seen drastic changes over the past few months with restrictions on off-camera briefings, cabinet members being drafted in to discuss specific issues and Spicer's role being shared with deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders.
The author of the Atlantic article, Rosie Gray, tweeted Tuesday that "we're already several steps further into the "Sean got fatter" controversy than I thought we would be".
"I've said it since the beginning, the President spoke today, he was on camera".
He has been filling both the press secretary role, but also the communications director role since Mike Dubke resigned from that role last month.More news: GOP preparing for Senate health care vote, amid differences
On "Fox & Friends" this morning, Ingraham said she's open to a position in the White House if it's a role in which she could do well and advance President Trump's agenda.
According to The Washington Post, the White House has not officially confirmed Spicer's departure nor has it publicly indicated whether or not he is directly involved in the search for new communications team hires.
"The president clearly wants a bill that has heart in it", Spicer said.More news: US State Department presses N. Korea to release detained Americans
- After Georgia, Republicans celebrating, Dems searching
- Australia suspends air strikes in Syria after US downing of Syrian jet
- US student freed by North Korea dies at 22
- 7 questions for Spicer's return to the White House podium
- Cavs, GM Griffin part after title, 3 straight NBA Finals
- Summer solstice, heat to remain
- Volvo will challenge Tesla, BMW i with stand-alone Polestar brand
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Charlotte's Killer Is (Finally) Revealed
- Trump's son-in-law may get new legal counsel
- Toshiba picks Japan-led group as preferred bidder for chip unit