The Pedrogao Grande forest fire, which killed at least 62 people Saturday and Sunday, looms over the game.
Portugal defender Pepe thought he had opened the scoring in the 21st minute when he turned in a cross-shot after Ronaldo had smashed a shot against the crossbar, having blasted his initial free-kick into the defensive wall.More news: Jon Ossoff in 6th District concession: 'The fight goes on'
Marinovic kept his team in the match early in the second half with back-to-back saves, diving to punch away a header by Dmitry Poloz before scrambling to his left to smother a rebound attempt by Aleksandr Erokhin.
Cristiano Ronaldo is finally getting an attacking partner he can count on. Javier Hernandez and Carlos Vela will be two Mexican players in focus. It was perfectly placed for Chicharito to get a head on the ball, and Mexico's all-time leading scorer converted.
But Portugal's celebrations were premature as Moreno popped up with the equaliser.More news: Will US Crude Oil Inventories Fall for the Ninth Week?
"It wasn't the result that we wanted", said Ronaldo. We want to improve from the last game and believe we will show that in our game tomorrow. Now we need to think of the next game, which we have to win. Mexico has been sanctioned eight times over the same gay slurs by fans in the current World Cup qualifying campaign by worldwide soccer's governing body.
"We also managed to keep Cristiano Ronaldo in check". Young manager Anthony Hudson will once again look to Chris Wood to finish off any half-chances as New Zealand will try to frustrate Mexico and hit them on the break and from set pieces.
The first VAR assisted call at the tournament was made during the match between Portugal and Mexico. At the beginning we couldn't enjoy good control of the ball but then we managed to balance things out and could have won it in the end. It's an honour to play against the best teams in the world and that's what Mexico really needs. If you bring benefits to football, fine.More news: OnePlus 5 News and Details Arrives
- No one knows what the GOP health plan is, even Republicans
- Murray to face Thompson at Queen's after Bedene withdrawal
- US says it downed Iran-made drone in Syria
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi evinces interest in research work at CDRI Lucknow
- South Korea confirms drone discovered was from North Korea
- Angolan capital tops list of most expensive cities for expats
- Celtics trade No. 1 pick in 2017 National Basketball Association draft to Sixers
- FedEx Corporation (FDX) Q4 Earnings Easily Top Expectations
- Gunman was angry with Trump's policies
- US shoots down 'pro-Syrian' drone made by Iran