She got into a minor auto crash on Interstate 10 and was then transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital where she started texting family about the grisly murder. If convicted, she could face the death penalty. Instead she will be locked away after being charged in her daughter's murder.
Lewis has been charged with capital murder for a child under 10 years old. "She would say to me, good morning". After the family members dialed 911, deputies were dispatched to the Timberwalk Apartment Homes.
While family and friends gather to hold a vigil for little Fredricka Allen tonight, her mother won't be there.More news: Real president Perez 'not contemplating' Ronaldo departure
Investigators said the mother was in a auto accident and rushed to a hospital around 6 p.m.
That neighbor said she has often heard the 34-year-old mother fighting with her boyfriend. "Obviously it was some sort of, enough to escalate to where she killed the 4-year old".
The scene was so disturbing, according to KHOU, that chaplains were sent to console both family members and the deputies who found the little girl's body. Family members called the Harris County Sheriff's Office to report the text messages.More news: Real Madrid's Perez on Mbappe: 'For the moment he's a Monaco player'
Of note, the Houston Chronicle notes Laquita Lewis less than a year ago 'waving a knife' at her 16-year-old son and threatening to murder the boy. Court records obtained by Breitbart Texas revealed the woman received a deferred adjudication conviction and a sentence of 15 months probation from a Harris County misdemeanor court four months earlier.
Deputies also say, earlier in the day, the woman got into a fight with her boyfriend. "She said the devil got in her head and he took everything from her".More news: Pence hires outside legal counsel
- Justice CS Karnan, At War With Supreme Court Judges, Arrested In Coimbatore
- London attacker on Muslims named by British media
- Tropical weather likely in Gulf
- London mosque attack suspect named by British media
- Allegiant Air to begin service at Norfolk International Airport
- Firefox Focus available for download on the Play Store
- Opposition in disarray over Ram Nath Kovind as presidential nominee
- American detainee's death in North Korea baffles experts
- Israeli policewoman 'in critical condition' after simultaneous stabbing attacks in Jerusalem
- Grocers facing a united Amazon-Whole Foods must adapt