Police said the 48-year-old man who was driving the van has been arrested and taken to a hospital as a precaution.
Abdikadir Warfa said the van turned into an alleyway and hit a number of people before coming to a stop.
Another eyewitness, who gave his name as Athman, told AFP: "People were screaming: "It's a terrorist attack, it's an attack, this guy attacked us", and I had to run back and tried to save people who were still alive and giving water, helping the police".
Others linked the attack to an increase in anti-Muslim hate crimes, particularly since the London Bridge rampage on June 3 that left eight people dead, which was claimed by the Islamic State.
Sister Nicola said she was "very sorry for what's happened", the Press Association reported.
- All of the victims were from the Muslim community, police said.Читайте также: Perez says he hasn't spoken to Ronaldo about rumors of exit
"We have continued to maintain regular patrols around a range of locations including Mosques and churches, and we are fully committed to working closely with all communities to keep them safe".
"The attack on Westminster bridge, the attack on London Bridge, the attack in Manchester, the attack last night - all of these are attacks on our shared values of our freedom, of tolerance and of respect, and terrorism is terrorism whether someone is inspired by an Islamist narrative or other forms of 'inspiration, '" he said. "We don't yet know the full details, but this was clearly a deliberate attack on innocent Londoners, many of whom were finishing prayers during the holy month of Ramadan", Khan said. "As a society we need to be more proactive and find better ways to defeat those who want to destroy our lives".
Basu said officers in the immediate vicinity responded to the attack while additional support arrived within 10 minutes of the call. Early police caution about declaring the incident to be terrorist-related was interpreted by the community as discriminatory.
The incident followed a series of attacks in Britain.
Police officers guard a road leading to Finsbury Park Mosque the attack.
Searches are being carried out at a residential address, where Mr Osborne is listed as living, in the Cardiff area.
His attack killed five people.
On March 22, a man killed five people when he drove a vehicle into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge in London and stabbed a police officer.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Perez rubbishes talk of Manchester United deal for Morata
- Who Was Charleena Lyles? She Was Shot & Killed After Calling 911
- Auto bombing on govt building in Somali capital kills at least 10
- Durant to opt out and re-sign with Warriors
- Belmont Stakes Preview and Analysis: Irish War Cry Morning Line Favorite
- 'Walk for yoga' held at police lines in Dehradun
- Judge Finds Defendant Guilty; Manslaughter Law Extending to New Grounds?
- Philippines launches offensive in hope of recapturing Marawi by weekend festival
- Kia announces Stonic SUV to take on Nissan Juke
- Van ploughs into Muslims in London