India are the world number three side in ODIs and they come into this series after a runner-up finish at the Champions Trophy. Earlier, they defeated the talented Afghans by 3-0 in the Twenty20I series.More news: Ireland won't sign any Brexit deal unless Good Friday Agreement is protected
The West Indies have retained same squad that played in the series against Afghanistan to face India for the first two matches of the ODI series set to begin next week.
Pacer Shanon Gabriel has not been included in the squad as he is undergoing a rehabilitation for an injury.
India has already announced its full team. Jasprit Bumrah too has been rested for the series.More news: Special Counsel Is Reportedly Investigating Jared Kushner's Business Dealings
Both Rishabh and Kuldeep were in stand byes for the Champions Trophy and it was only a fair call by the selection committee led by MSK Prasad to try the two youngsters against a weaker global side.
Virat Kohli (captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Rishabh Pant, Ajinkya Rahane, MS Dhoni (wk), Yuvraj Singh, Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammad Shami, Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Dinesh Karthik.
The West Indies' limited overs series against India will consist of five ODIs and a one-off Twenty20 worldwide, and will get underway on Friday in Trinidad.More news: Stocks gain as liquidity concerns eased
- Seattle: We stand with our Muslim neighbors
- Donald Trump blasts court for ruling against travel ban at "dangerous time"
- Brexit Secretary David Davis targeting a 'deal like no other in history'
- Still in Critical Condition After London Fire
- Boxer Andre Ward Stops Russia's Sergei Kovalev In Eighth Round
- Grenfell Tower families to receive minimum of £5500 from No 10
- Contreras hits HR, Baez scores on error, Cubs beat Padres
- Oracle skipper Spithill tough on, off water in America's Cup
- Brexit Talks Begin With Tight Schedule Set and Divorce-Bill Disagreement
- Time Warner Signs $100 Million, 10 Show Deal With Snap