India are the world number three side in ODIs and they come into this series after a runner-up finish at the Champions Trophy. Earlier, they defeated the talented Afghans by 3-0 in the Twenty20I series.More news: Time Warner Signs $100 Million, 10 Show Deal With Snap
The West Indies have retained same squad that played in the series against Afghanistan to face India for the first two matches of the ODI series set to begin next week.
Pacer Shanon Gabriel has not been included in the squad as he is undergoing a rehabilitation for an injury.
India has already announced its full team. Jasprit Bumrah too has been rested for the series.More news: European court rules in favor of Russian gay activists
Both Rishabh and Kuldeep were in stand byes for the Champions Trophy and it was only a fair call by the selection committee led by MSK Prasad to try the two youngsters against a weaker global side.
Virat Kohli (captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Rishabh Pant, Ajinkya Rahane, MS Dhoni (wk), Yuvraj Singh, Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammad Shami, Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Dinesh Karthik.
The West Indies' limited overs series against India will consist of five ODIs and a one-off Twenty20 worldwide, and will get underway on Friday in Trinidad.More news: Brexit Talks Begin With Tight Schedule Set and Divorce-Bill Disagreement
- Jharkhand JAC Class 12 Arts Result 2017 Declared: Check results at jac
- Seattle: We stand with our Muslim neighbors
- Donald Trump blasts court for ruling against travel ban at "dangerous time"
- Contreras hits HR, Baez scores on error, Cubs beat Padres
- Tottenham striker Harry Kane would love England captaincy
- Orlando Remembers Pulse Victims One Year After Shooting
- EgyptAir tweet & delete Liverpool, Mohamed Salah news
- Justices take on fight over partisan electoral maps
- Still in Critical Condition After London Fire
- Google leverages search engine expertise to launch robust employment engine