India are the world number three side in ODIs and they come into this series after a runner-up finish at the Champions Trophy. Earlier, they defeated the talented Afghans by 3-0 in the Twenty20I series.More news: Time Warner Signs $100 Million, 10 Show Deal With Snap
The West Indies have retained same squad that played in the series against Afghanistan to face India for the first two matches of the ODI series set to begin next week.
Pacer Shanon Gabriel has not been included in the squad as he is undergoing a rehabilitation for an injury.
India has already announced its full team. Jasprit Bumrah too has been rested for the series.More news: Orlando Remembers Pulse Victims One Year After Shooting
Both Rishabh and Kuldeep were in stand byes for the Champions Trophy and it was only a fair call by the selection committee led by MSK Prasad to try the two youngsters against a weaker global side.
Virat Kohli (captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Rishabh Pant, Ajinkya Rahane, MS Dhoni (wk), Yuvraj Singh, Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammad Shami, Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Dinesh Karthik.
The West Indies' limited overs series against India will consist of five ODIs and a one-off Twenty20 worldwide, and will get underway on Friday in Trinidad.More news: Justices take on fight over partisan electoral maps
- Seattle: We stand with our Muslim neighbors
- Trump's legal plan quite simple so far: Fight, fight, fight
- Special Counsel Is Reportedly Investigating Jared Kushner's Business Dealings
- Grenfell Tower families to receive minimum of £5500 from No 10
- European court rules in favor of Russian gay activists
- Brexit Secretary David Davis targeting a 'deal like no other in history'
- Jharkhand JAC Class 12 Arts Result 2017 Declared: Check results at jac
- UCLA School of Law's Supreme Court clinic wins landmark trademark case
- London apartment fire: Rage as death toll climbs to at least 58
- Brexit risks to UK economy in focus as Hammond, Carney speak