He added that yoga is essentially a path to liberation from all bondage. Apart from the demonstration of common asanas (postures) under Common Yoga Protocol, breathing techniques, Meditation Workshop, etc., the Program will include a number of activities relating to yoga.
History was made, and 21 June was declared the International Day of Yoga (IDY).More news: New 'transforming' Forever Stamp commemorates August 21 total solar eclipse
They will also hold a special demonstration of Yoga at the Opening Ceremony of BRICS Sports Meet in Guangzhou.
The main event will be held at the Great Wall on June 20. Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his United Nations address had suggested the date of 21 June, as it is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and shares special significance in many parts of the world.
As part of the state-wide celebrations, Deputy Consul General of India Surendra Adhana kicked off the event in San Antonio, TX at Tri Point event center on Saturday in the morning and later in the evening at Texas Capital Austin in the sprawling lawns of Capitol Building. Actor Anupam Kher switched the illumination lights.
The Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) has been working tirelessly to make the International Yoga Day functions across the country and world a grand success.More news: Vegas holds trade cards during expansion draft window
Today, Indian missions in France, the US, Switzerland, Uganda, Kenya, Australia organised yoga sessions, ahead of the IYD.
It maybe recalled that when the SP was in power in the state, it had shunned the Yoga Day celebrations. Envoys of Cambodia and Israel also joined in the events. In order to create awareness among the people about Yoga, a programme on "Walk for Yoga" was held at police lines in Dehradun on Sunday.
Japan is celebrating its third year International Day of Yoga.
Japan is the only country that has set up a Parliamentary League for the promotion of Yoga, which was established during the visit of Art of Living founder Sri Sri Ravi Shankar to Japan in April 2017.More news: Real Madrid boss Perez tackles Ronaldo problem
Led by Indian High Commissioner Gautam Bambawale, several people performed various asanas yesterday.
- Durant to opt out and re-sign with Warriors
- Arsenal and Liverpool Blow As Striker Target Picks Only Club To Join
- Philippines launches offensive in hope of recapturing Marawi by weekend festival
- Georgia race finally heads to voters; DC watching closely
- Elon Musk gives promising update on creating a tunnel network under LA
- Perez says he hasn't spoken to Ronaldo about rumors of exit
- Beavers' streak at 23; Harrison slam fuels 13-1 win over LSU
- Iran sends a message with missile strike in Syria
- 8 things to know about Monday's severe storms and flash flooding
- Technology CEOs urged to join Trump initiative