"Trump has a compulsion to counterattack, and he's very pugnacious", Gingrich, a Trump confidante, told Martha Raditz on ABC's "This Week".More news: Gold slips to four-week lows
"I think it's unbelievable, if you look at the - for example, CNN's 93 percent negative coverage according to Harvard, 93 percent negative, I think it's a miracle that Trump has any approval", the former speaker said.
He said Trump was "infuriated" by "this Russia baloney", apparently referring to the ongoing investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.More news: Portugal's government criticized for fire deaths
The comment came - where else? - on Fox News during an interview with Sean Hannity late Friday and Gingrich told the right-wing hack that "they're going to get somebody". "If he wants to fire the Federal Bureau of Investigation director, all he has to do is fire him". Those same Trump supporters also took issue with Comey's relationship with Mueller, which they say is too close. "Now they're talking about going and looking at financial files, if you believe the leak". However, he warned Trump to be "very careful" after offering to testify under oath in the probe, emphasizing that criminal law is much different than NY real estate law, with which Trump is most familiar as a businessman.
"I keep telling everybody at the White House, this is not like NY real estate law, this is criminal law", he said. "That response on social media was in response to the Washington Post piece". There's hype galore online this morning that this report contradicts WaPo's bombshell last week (confirmed yesterday by USA Today) that Mueller is investigating Trump. "It's that simple. The president is not under investigation".More news: Larson outlasts Elliott again at Michigan International Speedway
- French Open results 2017: Men's quarterfinals postponed, Caroline Wozniacki upset
- Senate Democrat says any WH tapes due by Friday
- Otto Warmbier 'unresponsive', has been in coma for a year
- Canada Condemns London Terror Attack On Muslims While Trump Stays Silent
- Imam Praised for Protecting London Mosque Attacker from Crowd
- UK PM condemns 'sickening' terror attack on Muslims
- Sheriff says Ohio man is suspect in 5 slayings
- Watch LeBron James unleash dominance upon small children at son's birthday party
- Mark Wahlberg thinks McGregor will struggle against Mayweather
- Celtic to meet Linfield or La Fiorita in Champions League