A weather disturbance off the coast of Trinidad has been deemed a Tropical Storm Monday afternoon.
Tropical storm warnings were in effect yesterday evening for Trinidad and Tobago, Grenada and Venezuela from Pedernales to Cumana, including Isla de Margarita.
As of an overnight advisory, Bret sits just off the coast of Venezuela with maximum sustained winds of 40 miles per hour, moving west-northwest at 22 miles per hour.
A fast motion toward the west-northwest is expected over the next 48 hours.More news: Real Madrid boss Perez tackles Ronaldo problem
Tropical storm-force winds are expected to reach the warning area by late Tuesday.
While Bret is the first storm since the June 1 to November 30 Atlantic hurricane season officially started, it's not the second to form this year.
Meanwhile, Storm Team 8 is monitoring another tropical system that has prompted a Tropical Storm Warning to be issued for part of the Louisiana Coast.
"We are tracking a Gulf system that will bring us heavy rain and coastal flooding", WWL-TV Meteorologist Dave Nussbaum said.More news: Woman picks up deadly rattlesnake thinking it was a toy
On the current forecast track, the storm system will move toward the Louisiana coast on Tuesday and Wednesday. However, if the storm hits anywhere from, say, Corpus Christi north to the Texas-Louisiana coastline, we would expect to receive quite a bit of rainfall as a result. If they become named storms, the next two names on tap are Bret and Cindy.
It will also be breezy with winds around 20-30 miles per hour. A closed circulation is required to be labeled a tropical cyclone.
There is another tropical wave out in the Atlantic that also has a high chance of developing within the next three to five days.More news: Belmont Stakes Preview and Analysis: Irish War Cry Morning Line Favorite
- Kevin Durant's Mom, Wanda, Stole The Show At Last Night's NBA Finals
- London mosque attack suspect arrested on terror grounds
- Philippines launches offensive in hope of recapturing Marawi by weekend festival
- Perez rubbishes talk of Manchester United deal for Morata
- Trump's legal plan built in his image: Fight, fight, fight
- Kia announces Stonic SUV to take on Nissan Juke
- Pakistan crush India by 180 runs to lift Champions Trophy
- New 'transforming' Forever Stamp commemorates August 21 total solar eclipse
- Iran sends a message with missile strike in Syria
- Tensions rise in Syria as Russia, Iran send US warnings