The launch will open around 2:10 p.m. EDT by June 23, but there will be a back up on June 24.
During the test, the engines will ignite before turning off seconds later, while the rocket remains anchored to the launch pad. SpaceX engineers needed time to replace a pneumatic valve on the fairing, the protective nose cone that covers the satellite during liftoff, but there was already a backup in place, he added. Other satellites are scheduled to commence on June 25 in the Vandenberg Air Force Base, California. The SpaceX founder and CEO once again rocked the Twittersphere Sunday when he revealed what could be a first for his space company: a launch doubleheader.
'Twas not meant to be, at least not tomorrow for the launch of Bulgaria's first satellite that was set to launch on June 19 from Kennedy Space Center's Launch Complex 39A in Florida.More news: Dems fear slow walking of Russia sanctions bill in House
Earlier, Musk wrote that the BulgariaSat-1 launch delay was a safety precaution.
The launch of the Bulgariasat-1 will be the first satellite for the country.
With a public acknowledgement that SpaceX is even willing to consider two launches within 48 hours, let alone officially schedule those launches with confidence, speculation of weekly launch cadence has been all but confirmed as a likely reality for SpaceX in the near future. It will be located at the Bulgarian orbital position at 1.9 degrees East longitude and will provide reliable satellite communications solutions to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers.More news: PM Modi says Uttar Pradesh on the road to development under Adityanath
The Falcon flight will mark the first mission for new 30th Space Wing Commander Col. Michael Hough.
The SpaceX has three possible launches to be accomplished from Florida within the month of July.
BulgariaSat-1 will be taken into space from Cape Canaveral aboard a space-proven Falcon 9 rocket provided by SpaceX.More news: Kevin Durant's Mom, Wanda, Stole The Show At Last Night's NBA Finals
- Van ploughs into Muslims in London
- Amit Shah meets Uddhav Thackeray
- Belmont Stakes Preview and Analysis: Irish War Cry Morning Line Favorite
- What we know: Pedestrians struck near north London mosque
- Gerrymandering: Drawing districts for political advantage
- Bihar Governor Kovind is NDA nominee for President's post
- Perez rubbishes talk of Manchester United deal for Morata
- Perez says he hasn't spoken to Ronaldo about rumors of exit
- Tightening Cuban Relations Is Bad Policy and Bad for Democracy
- 'Walk for yoga' held at police lines in Dehradun