The Portuguese worldwide is now in Russian Federation competing for the European champions in the Confederations Cup.
Perez, a 70-year-old construction magnate, was elected unopposed Monday for a third term in charge of Europe's most successful club.
"I have not spoken with him". He has led Madrid to back-to-back Champions League titles and its first Spanish league in five seasons this year, and helped Portugal to win last year's European Championship. "The whole thing is very odd because Cristiano Ronaldo is a great guy, both as a player and a person".
"I've been affected by how the Cristiano news has been treated by the media". Cristiano is a good guy - I have to talk to him and see what happens. What I have been told is that he has the same structure [in Spain] that he had in England and there was no problem there.More news: Bihar Governor Kovind is NDA nominee for President's post
"I will always defend Cristiano as a footballer and as a person".
"I do not think he's going to leave at all", Perez told Onda Cero.
Ronaldo has denied any wrongdoing, and Madrid has issued a statement saying it believed the player was innocent.
Reports of a rejected EUR60million bid from United seem wide of the mark, though, according to Madrid president Perez, who remains keen to keep Morata in the Spanish capital.More news: House leader joins Handel on final campaign day
"But something really weird would have to happen if he were to leave this club".
Ronaldo was a world-record signing of intent from United after Perez returned as president eight years ago, the forward being part of a £225million summer spending spree that also saw the likes of Kaka, Karim Benzema and Xabi Alonso move to Real.
Last Tuesday, a Madrid-based prosecutor's office accused Ronaldo of four counts of tax fraud totalling 14.7 million euros ($16.5 million).More news: Dems fear slow walking of Russia sanctions bill in House
- PM Modi says Uttar Pradesh on the road to development under Adityanath
- Woman picks up deadly rattlesnake thinking it was a toy
- SpaceX Delays Today's Launch, But Might Have Two Next Weekend
- Tropical storm Bret develops in the deep tropics of the Atlantic
- Gold Plunges To 7-Month Low On Robust US Supplies
- Trump's legal plan built in his image: Fight, fight, fight
- Amit Shah meets Uddhav Thackeray
- Russian Federation win Confederation Cup opener
- Sena will support NDA's presidential candidate
- Gunmen killed 8 Afghan guards of a US base