The Portuguese worldwide is now in Russian Federation competing for the European champions in the Confederations Cup.
Perez, a 70-year-old construction magnate, was elected unopposed Monday for a third term in charge of Europe's most successful club.
"I have not spoken with him". He has led Madrid to back-to-back Champions League titles and its first Spanish league in five seasons this year, and helped Portugal to win last year's European Championship. "The whole thing is very odd because Cristiano Ronaldo is a great guy, both as a player and a person".
"I've been affected by how the Cristiano news has been treated by the media". Cristiano is a good guy - I have to talk to him and see what happens. What I have been told is that he has the same structure [in Spain] that he had in England and there was no problem there.More news: Tropical storm Bret develops in the deep tropics of the Atlantic
"I will always defend Cristiano as a footballer and as a person".
"I do not think he's going to leave at all", Perez told Onda Cero.
Ronaldo has denied any wrongdoing, and Madrid has issued a statement saying it believed the player was innocent.
Reports of a rejected EUR60million bid from United seem wide of the mark, though, according to Madrid president Perez, who remains keen to keep Morata in the Spanish capital.More news: Bihar Governor Kovind is NDA nominee for President's post
"But something really weird would have to happen if he were to leave this club".
Ronaldo was a world-record signing of intent from United after Perez returned as president eight years ago, the forward being part of a £225million summer spending spree that also saw the likes of Kaka, Karim Benzema and Xabi Alonso move to Real.
Last Tuesday, a Madrid-based prosecutor's office accused Ronaldo of four counts of tax fraud totalling 14.7 million euros ($16.5 million).More news: What's At Stake in President Trump's Order to Revamp Apprenticeship Programs
- SMMT calls for interim trade agreements with European Union as Brexit talks begin
- Woman picks up deadly rattlesnake thinking it was a toy
- Gerrymandering: Drawing districts for political advantage
- Top court to hear case that could reshape US political map
- Gold Plunges To 7-Month Low On Robust US Supplies
- Russian Federation win Confederation Cup opener
- Tightening Cuban Relations Is Bad Policy and Bad for Democracy
- Adele visits London firefighters after tower block blaze
- Pakistan stun holders India to lift Champions Trophy
- Kevin Durant's Mom, Wanda, Stole The Show At Last Night's NBA Finals