Several dignitaries, politicians, and bureaucrats are also expected to perform yoga along with the prime minister and other yoga enthusiasts.
Yesterday, Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik and the chief minister visited the venue to review the preparations.
To familiarise citizens with yoga and its asanas, the Ayush Ministry had started one-month free yoga camp through the Central Council for Research in Yoga and Naturopathy in nearly every district of the country.
With the International Yoga Day giving a further impetus to its popularity, yoga is increasingly becoming the "new currency for fitness", said the study that was released coinciding with the "International Yoga Day" on June 21. The United Nations declared it on December 11, 2014, following a resolution moved by India and co-sponsored by a large number of nations.More news: Russian Federation win Confederation Cup opener
The Prime Minister will also inaugurate a building of the Dr. A.P.J.
This mobile application will help in capturing big events organised at public places, schools and offices across the country on International Yoga Day. The event will be held on June 21 at 6:45 am. These are being planned in association with New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC), Delhi Development Authority (DDA) and Yoga organisations.
The day would be celebrated on Wednesday across India and overseas.
To familiarise Yoga with the lives of citizens, the Ayush Ministry had started one-month free yoga camp through the Central Council for Research in Yoga and Naturopathy in nearly every district of the country. The training programme started on May 21.More news: Amit Shah meets Uddhav Thackeray
"In these events Indian officials highlight the efforts of government of India in promoting ancient Indian traditions of healthy living", an official said.
Also, June 21st has a significance in many parts of the world as it is the longest day in the Northern Hemisphere. Along with Advocate Ashish Shelar, the event is being conducted by Studio Platform and expert yoga instructor Sunaina Rekhi.
Hundreds will descend upon Trafalgar Square today to participate in yoga sessions as well as Indian cultural performances in collaboration with the Mayor of London. Eleven parks in the state capital would also hold the Yoga programme tomorrow, simultaneously. Find us on Facebook too!More news: Gunmen killed 8 Afghan guards of a US base
- Pakistan crush India by 180 runs to lift Champions Trophy
- Mexico fully deserved Portugal point, says Osorio
- Bihar Governor Kovind is NDA nominee for President's post
- SMMT calls for interim trade agreements with European Union as Brexit talks begin
- Perez rubbishes talk of Manchester United deal for Morata
- 'Walk for yoga' held at police lines in Dehradun
- Woman picks up deadly rattlesnake thinking it was a toy
- Gerrymandering: Drawing districts for political advantage
- Kevin Durant's Mom, Wanda, Stole The Show At Last Night's NBA Finals
- Belmont Stakes Preview and Analysis: Irish War Cry Morning Line Favorite