Real Madrid turned down the opportunity to sign goalkeeper David de Gea from Manchester United last summer, club president Florentino Perez said today while playing down the possibility of bidding for the Spain worldwide again.
The now 18-year-old has established himself as Milan's first-choice keeper with a number of excellent displays over the last two years, but agent Mino Raiola says that the club have not been treating their young star "like an asset". "I like Keylor Navas", he added.
The striker would not rule out a departure from Monaco this summer, with Spanish outlet Marca claiming he only wishes to play for Los Blancos.
Many were sure the Spanish giants wanted a move particularly for De Gea, not only because he is an outstanding shot stopper, but also because he is Spaniard, who could be an ideal long-term player and probably replacement for Casillas.More news: Brexit negotiations kick off almost a year after referendum
"Last year we had a possibility that we didn't take, and now we have no agreement with Manchester United to sign him".
" Everyone in the world says he's a great player, who will replace [Gigi] Buffon in the national team".
"And he seems to have very good manners". Of course we are watching him.More news: Cristiano Ronaldo breaks silence after Portugal's draw against Mexico in Russian Federation
"I've seen very little of Mbappe but he has some very good ways and surely he'll become one of the greatest".
We're talking player holidays, stag dos and sporting bans, and we even have Dion Fanning taking on the Lottoland Chipping Challenge..
"The players are very fond of Keylor and also the coach. Because in the summer of 2015 I did not know him as much as I do now".
It looked certain De Gea was set to leave after six years at Old Trafford and United were determined to get the best possible price they can for the Spain worldwide, but the landscape has changed over the last two weeks.More news: Pakistan's path to Champions Trophy glory
- 79 people feared dead in London high-rise fire
- Britain, EU launch Brexit talks in Brussels
- Dravid set to extend his tenure as India A, U-19 coach
- TODAY'S FORECAST: Showers and thunderstorms, high near 81
- Theresa May 'distraught' over fatal London tower blaze
- Oklahoma QB Mayfield accepts guilty plea for 3 misdemeanors
- Cosby alternate juror 'probably' would have voted to convict
- Brexit talks begin with UK in disarray
- Solar Power Will Kill Coal Faster Than You Think
- Pakistan deserved to win Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli