Thousands gathered in Orlando Monday night to remember the victims killed in the deadliest terror attack on US soil since 9-11.This marks one year since 49 people lost their lives in the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando, Fla.
For Orlando, the city's brush with bad violence arrived June 12, 2016, as gunman Omar Mateen went on a shooting rampage at the club in the early hours, firing at club-goers after having pledged his allegiance to known terrorist groups and individuals, authorities said. Many Catholic churches around the United States participated in tolling church bells 49 times on the anniversary of the massacre to remember those who died. Maguire and another protester were wearing shirts with anti-gay slogans.
Florida Governor Rick Scott ordered US flags around the state to be flown at half-staff. He is handcuffed as the crowd chants "love conquers hate".
At a midday service at the nightclub, Pulse owner Barbara Poma said when people ask her what has changed in her life since the tragedy, she tells them "everything".More news: London apartment fire: Rage as death toll climbs to at least 58
Williams knew numerous victims because she used to live within walking distance of Pulse and was a frequent visitor.
"I miss Pulse", she said. Moments later, the officer pushes the man back and the man falls down.
Nelson spoke about the Pulse massacre on the floor of the U.S. Senate on Monday.
Steve Brooks, a member of the Orlando gay Chorus said of the shooter, "He is somewhere, down somewhere looking up at all of this probably frustrated as hell, because it just had the exact opposite of fact".More news: He speaks! Top White House aide Kushner gives rare remarks
"A nightclub for the gay community is like the church for the black community", Adam said.
Mateen's wife, Noor Salman, is facing charges of aiding and abetting and obstruction in federal court. She was not present for the shooting and has pleaded not guilty.
Dozens of people at the Las Vegas event cradled candles, embraced the rainbow flag, and sang.More news: Sensex down 30 points; bank, FMCG stocks major losers
- Talks on British exit from European Union begin in Brussels
- Time Warner Signs $100 Million, 10 Show Deal With Snap
- Mattis vows not to 'repeat mistakes of the past' in Afghanistan
- Perez distances Real from De Gea move, backs goalkeepers
- Trump tweets about Democrats, Georgia election
- Names That Beyonce And Jay Z Should Not Give Their Twins [SLIDESHOW]
- Pregnant woman killed by police after reporting burglary; family demands answers
- Boxer Andre Ward Stops Russia's Sergei Kovalev In Eighth Round
- Silvana Tenreyro to join the MPC
- Scalise upgraded from critical to serious