The images of the Kia Stonic published ahead of the SUV's official reveal at an event in Amsterdam later this week, and it is timed carefully to the unveiling of the Hyundai Kona, which was announced just last week.
The Kia Stonic is claimed to offer the company's most striking design to date with sharp horizontal feature lines, blended with softer sculpted surfaces.More news: London mosque attack suspect arrested on terror grounds
Taking distinctive styling cues from the current Rio, the Stonic features Kia's recognisable "tiger nose" front-end design.
It will be accompanied by up to 20 two-tone colour combinations when it goes on sale during the third quarter of 2017, with five shades to choose from for the roof alone. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is standard, while optional extras include heated front seats, cruise control and keyless entry.More news: Man Utd have concerns about Cristiano Ronaldo bid
Kia says that, despite the car's compact size, the Stonic has plenty of shoulder-, leg- and head-room for all passengers; and, there's a 352-litre boot, with a two-step boot floor. Kia has also made it a point to mention how the Stonic's cabin has been designed with one prime priority, ergonomics, as compared to everything else. A variety of advanced safety systems are also offered including Autonomous Emergency Braking, Forward Collision Alert, Blind Spot Detection with Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Lane Departure Warning.
The Kia Stonic will be available in four engines, comprising a 1.0-litre T-GDI, 1.25-litre MPI, 1.4-litre MPI and a 1.6-litre diesel engine.More news: Nadal is the best player ever on clay, says Wawrinka
- Pakistan crush India by 180 runs to lift Champions Trophy
- Arsenal and Liverpool Blow As Striker Target Picks Only Club To Join
- Severe weather expected to affect 60 million Americans Monday
- Durant to opt out and re-sign with Warriors
- Georgia race finally heads to voters; DC watching closely
- Auto bombing on govt building in Somali capital kills at least 10
- Elon Musk gives promising update on creating a tunnel network under LA
- German lobby calls for fast Brexit deal on trade
- Andy Murray, Kei Nishikori French Open quarterfinals match preview
- Vegas holds trade cards during expansion draft window